An 8qt pressure cooker is the perfect size for large, busy families who want slow cooker meals in minutes instead of hours. An electric 8qt pressure cooker can cut your cooking time by one third or more while retaining nutrients and using less energy than a slow cooker.
An 8qt pressure cooker is capable of browning, sautéing, long braising, and keeping food warm until you’re ready to eat. So, it can replace other appliances like your slow cooker and rice cooker or cook almost any food that can be cooked in steam or water-based liquids.
Pressure cookers also require less energy than boiling, steaming or oven cooking since less water needs to be heated to steam and the cooker reaches cooking temperature faster.
Interested in seeing other time-saving kitchen appliances? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
A shorter cooking time and the use of less water preserves more vitamins and minerals because they are not dissolved away by the water during boiling.
One of the concerns of families is safe cooking and pressure cookers, particularly stovetop models, have the reputation of needing constant monitoring to be safe. Fortunately, with the advent of electric pressure cookers, an electric 8qt pressure cooker is very safe and requires no monitoring at all.
Modern electric pressure cookers have multiple, redundant safety features to prevent pressure-related accidents. The first line of defense is a locking safety lid that keeps the pressure inside the power pressure cooker even if the cooker is off or has no electricity. Second is a primary pressure relief valve that will release pressure from the cooker if it is too high. Third is a secondary pressure relief valve that will release pressure if the primary pressure relief valve becomes blocked or fails. Finally, a small cut in the lid is designed to release pressure if both the primary and secondary pressure relief valves fail to do the job. Modern electric pressure cookers are completely safe.
We searched appliance forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail sites, and customer reviews sites to find the most popular and highly rated 8qt pressure cooker.
Take a look at our choice and see if this is the best pressure cooker for your needs!
For those not familiar, Instant Pot is a Canadian company known for delivering high-quality products. Their Instant Pot DUO80 8-Quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is part of their new Duo lineup that features 3rd Generation technology, a slimmer exterior, more safety features, and enhanced cooking ability. Billed as a 7-in-1 programmable cooker, it performs the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker, and warmer all in one convenient, easy-to-use appliance. It can speed up your cooking by 2X to 6X while using up to 70% less energy and retaining the nutrition in your food. It has 14 built-in microprocessor-controlled smart programs including Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize, and Jiu Niang that you can cook at the touch of a button. Other convenience features include a 24-hour timer for delayed cooking and an automatic keep-warm function that holds the temperature of your food until it’s time to serve. This electric pressure cooker has been designed with a slim body with lid holders for left- or right-handed users, a 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot, and a brushed stainless steel, fingerprint-resistant exterior. Its integrated microprocessor accurately monitors pressure and temperature, keeps time, and automatically adjusts heat intensity. Lab-tested cooking programs improve cooking results and maintain consistency. It’s a great all-around 8qt pressure cooker that is the safe, convenient, and dependable way to replace many of your existing appliances.
8Qt Pressure Cooker: Features
- 1200W, 3rd Generation microprocessor-controlled, 7-in-1, 14 smart function, 8-quart pressure cooker cooks up to 6X faster using 70% less energy while maintaining food nutrition
- 7-in-1 design replaces your Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Yogurt Maker, Sauté, and Warmer
- Ten safety features include a pressure regulator, anti-blockage vent, safety lid lock, sensor lid position detection, automatic temperature control, high-temperature monitoring, automatic pressure controller, electrical current and temperature fuse cut off, excess pressure protection, and smart detection leaky lid
- Dual pressure settings and adjustable 3-way temperature settings deliver fast and flexible cooking
- Embedded microprocessor monitors pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity
- Smart Cooker technology remembers the way you cook and saves your program customizations for future use
- 14 integrated, 3rd Generation microprocessor-controlled cooking functions allow you to cook your favorite foods at the touch of a button including Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize, and Jiu Niang
- 24-hour time allows delayed cooking
- Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of your food until you’re ready to serve it
- Instant Pot generates almost no noise and leaks no steam
- Food-grade 304 (18/8) 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot delivers even heat distribution and along with its stainless steel rack and stainless lid are extremely durable and leave no health concerns associated with non-stick coatings
- Brushed stainless steel, fingerprint-resistant, slim body design has lid holders for both left and right handed users and convenient removable power cord
- Brushed stainless steel exterior is finger print resistant
- Elegant and durable design makes it easy to clean
- All cooking programs have been lab-tested hundreds of times to improve cooking results and maintain consistency
- 3 temperatures in ‘Sauté’ for searing, simmering or thickening and 3 temperatures in ‘Slow Cook’ to provide greater flexibility
- Cooking pot, lid, and steam rack are all dishwasher safe
- UL certification
- 1 – Stainless steel steam rack with handles
- 1 – Rice paddle
- 1 – Soup spoon
- 1 – Measuring cup
- 1 – Condensation collector
- 1 – Recipe booklet
- One cooking appliance replaces many
- Easy to use
- Fast cleanup
- Set and forget
- Large size can make it difficult to store
- Sealing ring absorbs odors
- Medium learning curve
8Qt Pressure Cooker
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this electric pressure cooker? Which pressure cooker are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A pressure cooker can replace many cooking appliances in your kitchen. It cooks faster while preserving nutrients and saving energy. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best 8qt pressure cooker for your needs!