Vacuuming can get much of the dirt, dust, and crumbs that find their way into a vehicle’s carpeting, but if you have stains or want to deep clean your carpet, you need a powerful auto carpet shampooer. An auto carpet shampooer combines strong agitation with water and carpet cleaning solution to deep clean your vehicle’s carpet to remove dirt and stains a vacuum can’t.
The key word is power. Vehicle carpeting takes a beating with harsh winters, road salt, mud, and sand all trying to destroy it. To get out what nature puts in you need a powerful auto carpet shampooer that can handle everything your active life dishes out.
What are some of the key features you should look for in a powerful, effective portable auto carpet shampooer?
It doesn’t matter how portable it is, if an automotive carpet cleaner doesn’t have the power, it’s not going to do the job. It needs power to generate suction, pump water and cleaning solution to the cleaning tools, and suction dirty water back to the waste water tank. An effective portable carpet cleaner has plenty of power to spot clean and deep clean your carpets.
You don’t do it every day because it’s a pain to wash or shampoo your car’s carpeting. What can make car carpet cleaning even more of a pain is trying to use your home carpet washer to do the job. An upright carpet cleaner is heavy and doesn’t provide the kind of maneuverability you need to get to all the carpet in your car or truck. Dragging it around can be an exercise in frustration.
Don’t make it any harder than it needs to be. A compact, portable, lightweight auto carpet shampooer is easy to carry and maneuver around your car or home.
Interested in seeing other auto carpet cleaning options? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Home Carpet Cleaner: Best 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner
- Auto Carpet Cleaner: Best Car Portable Interior Cleaner
Separate clean water-solution mix and dirty water catch tanks are essential to effective auto carpet cleaning. By separating the two, you insure that you’re not putting dirty water back into the carpet you just cleaned. Also, if you choose to use warm or hot water to increase cleaning effectiveness, a separate tank for the water-solution mix keeps colder waste water out maintaining water temperature longer.
Need a full-sized carpet cleaner for your home? Be sure and see our articles about the top brands!
- Shampooer: Top Rated Lift-Off Pet Full-Sized Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL PowerSteamer PowerBrush: Popular Value BISSELL Deep Carpet Cleaner
- Steam Vac: Top 5 Best Rated Carpet Cleaners
- Best Home Carpet Cleaner: Top Rated Best Cleaning Carpet Washer
- BISSELL Double Tank Carpet Cleaner: Got Pets? No Worries!
- Hoover Steam Vac: New Power Path Carpet Washer
- Rug Shampooer: Best New Home Carpet Washer
- Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro FH50220 Carpet Deep Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet/Hard Floor Cleaner
Second in effort only to the actual cleaning itself, is probably the exercise of stopping cleaning, emptying dirty waste water, and refilling the clean water and solution tank. The larger the tank an auto carpet cleaner has, the fewer of these exercises you have to perform and the faster and more efficiently you can clean your vehicle’s carpeting.
Carrying the whole machine from your car or truck to the sink each time you need to empty waste water and refill the clean water tank just adds to your work and wastes time. Make sure that the portable auto carpet shampooer you buy has removable tanks so that you only have to carry the tanks back and forth between the sink and your vehicle.
You can use an extension cord to extend the reach of a portable carpet cleaner’s power cord length all the way to your vehicle, but the hose is what has to reach deep into your vehicle to provide the cleaning power. Look for the longest hose available to reach all of the carpet in your car or truck.
The tools that come with a car carpet shampooer can make all the difference in car interior cleaning effectiveness. The carpet cleaner provides solution and vacuum power to the cleaning tool and the tool provides the agitation, directs the flow of water and solution, and applies the suction. Vehicles, more than your home, have nooks and crannies that make it tougher to clean effectively. Tools with a narrow head are better able to reach into those tight spaces.
A portable auto carpet shampooer should be able to do more than just clean your vehicle’s carpets. It should be able to spot clean carpets in your home and clean carpeting on your stairs. It’s that kind of versatility that can make a portable carpet cleaner so valuable.
A good warranty tells you that the manufacturer has faith in their product’s materials and workmanship. Look for a model with at least a 1-Year limited warranty or longer if possible.
Bissell offers the most portable carpet cleaners of all the manufacturers and the Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner is their most powerful model. It has superior suction power that helps remove spots and stains faster and more effectively. It packs the power of a full-size upright into a portable carpet cleaning machine that couldn’t be easier to use. Just fill the clean water/formula tank, connect a cleaning tool to the hose, and turn it on. You can choose to use its smaller 3-inch tough stain tool to spot clean or to get into touch-to-reach areas of your vehicle or use the 6-inch tool to do the bulk of the carpet shampooing. Its large capacity clean and dirty water tanks provide a long cleaning time between refills and its long 5-foot flex hose is long enough reach all the carpeted areas of your vehicle. When you’re done, its compact size makes it easy to store out of the way until you’re ready to use it again. It’s not just for your car, it’s a powerful, flexible, portable carpet cleaner that you can use all around your home for spot cleaning, cleaning the stairs, or reaching into tight corners. Here’s what you need to know.
Auto Carpet Shampooer Features
- Powerful, 5.7 amp, portable, corded, carpet cleaner and spot cleaner
- It comes with two effective cleaning tools including a 6-inch stair tool that you can use to do most of the carpet cleaning in your car or truck or a smaller 3-inch spot tool for help with removing stains and reaching into tight spots in your vehicle
- Simple to use, you just fill the clean water/solution tank, attach a tool to the hose, plug it in, turn it on, and start cleaning
- Separate clean and dirty water tanks keep them separate and the large ¾-gallon tank capacity means more cleaning between refills
- Compact size stores easily out of the way and the built-in hose and cord storage wraps make things neat and tidy
- A long reach 22-foot power cord eliminates the need for an extension cord to reach your vehicle in many cases
- Lightweight at only 13.2 lbs.
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – 6-inch brush tool
- 1 – 3-inch brush tool
- 1 – 8-oz. bottle of Bissell Professional Deep Cleaning Formula
Bissel is also known for its highly-effective carpet cleaning formulas like the Bissell 78H6B Deep Clean Pro 2X Deep Cleaning Concentrated Formula.
Auto Carpet Shampooer Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this portable carpet shampooer? Which auto carpet cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the perfect auto carpet shampooer for your needs!