What’s better and easier to use in a college dorm room than an iron and ironing board? It’s a back to college clothes steamer of course. In the cramped space of a college dorm room, students need appliances and electronics that provide the most functionality and take up the least amount of room. That may mean choosing a mini refrigerator or a compact microwave. What about an iron? Irons use a lot of electricity, their very hot to the touch, and you need an ironing board to do a good job of removing wrinkles. There must be something better! Have you consider sending your student with a back to college clothes steamer?
Interested in see other garment steamers for your college student? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Travel Steamer: Top Rated New Travel Garment Steamer
- Steamfast Fabric Steamer: New Medium-Duty All-Natural Garment Steamer
- Hand Held Steamer for Clothes: Top 5 Best Rated Travel Garment Steamers
- Steamfast Steamer: Great Back-to-College Garment Steamer
- Hand Held Steamer: Top 7 Best Rated Portable Steam Cleaners
- Hand Held Clothes Steamer: Most Powerful Portable Garment Steamer
- Travel Clothes Steamer: One Ultra-Portable Garment Steamer
- Hand Steamer: Top Rated Handheld Garment Steamer
- Shark Garment Steamers: Shark GS500 Press and Refresh
- Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer: Best Value Home Garment Steamer
The right back to college clothes steamer has it all over the steam iron. Travel garment steamers are faster, more portable, and less accident-prone than irons and they don’t require an ironing board to remove wrinkles.
A portable back to college clothes steamer is lightweight, heats up fast, and takes up minimal space in your student’s already crowded room. It is also a great value because it will last for years, is very durable, and uses the power of steam to get out wrinkles.
So if you’re considering sending your student to school with an iron, maybe you should take a look at a back to college clothes steamer instead.
There are a lot of models of fabric steamers in a wide variety of styles from many different manufacturers. A lot of them are similar in construction and design, but only a few give you the quality and power to take out tough wrinkles even in denim.
We searched college forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated portable clothing steamers.
Take a look at our choices and see if one of these lightweight garment steamers is the best garment steamer for your college student.
Compact and ideal for travel, the Steamfast SF-450 Handheld Fabric Steamer quickly and easily steams away wrinkles. Save your student from having to drag out the iron and ironing board each time they want to remove wrinkles. With this back to college clothes steamer, they just need to run tap water into the easy-to-fill reservoir and they’re ready to go. They can remove wrinkles or simply freshen their blouses, shirts and other garments with strong, steady steam.
Back to College Clothes Steamer: Features
- Powerful 1000-watt fabric steamer heats water to steam in just 30 seconds
- Removable 3-ounce water capacity provides up to 5 minutes of continuous steam
- Two steam settings let you deliver the right steam for your task through 7 steam outlets
- More effective and gentler on fabrics than ironing for all-natural garment care
- Removes wrinkles and odors from clothes; linens; curtains; upholstery and more
- Includes a fabric brush; lint remover and rubber accessory housing
- Long 8-foot power cord lets you plug-in to a convenient outlet
- Compact and lightweight makes it ideal for college use
- Dimensions are 3.3H x 4.6W x 11.8D inches and it weighs 3.3 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
- Easy and quick to use
- Perfect size and performance for college
- Great value
- Quicker than ironing
- Water leaks if you tip it to one side
- Can spit water
- Doesn’t hold much water
The SALAV TS-01 Travel Handheld Steamer provides powerful steam on the go. Compact, easy to fill and use, the TS-01 provides up to 10 minutes of steam and heats up in a quick 150 seconds. 265 watts of powerful, continuous steam softens and straightens wrinkles on clothing, drapes, upholstery and more. The automatic voltage adjustment feature will adapt to any country’s required voltage making the Salav TS-01 your ultimate travel accessory. It has many great features for your student.
- 265 watts gives the TS-01 a fast time to steam of only 150 seconds and a powerful continuous steam flow that gets tough wrinkles out of clothing and fabrics
- Medium-sized 2 oz. (60 ml) water capacity provides over 10 minutes of continuous steam
- Compact, lightweight, and stylish, the perfect college companion
- Automatic voltage adjustment feature fit for world travel
- Unique safe design prevents water leakage
- Clear front water tank indicates when water is low
- 2-in-1 handle and measuring cup
- Long 6.5 ft. power cord length
- Automatic voltage adjustment: Volts / Hertz:: 100V-240V / 50-60 Hz
- At only about 8 inches tall and just over 1 lb., the TS-01 fits just about anywhere
- Cute looks
- Perfect dorm size
- Great value
- Quick time to steam
- Doesn’t hold much water
- Picks up surface lint from clothes
- No storage case
- Only lasts about 10 minutes per fill
Because students where more denim than almost anything else at college, they need a garment steamer that can remove wrinkles even in tough fabrics like denim. The ESTEAM Personal Handheld Steamer is the most powerful steamer in the world capable of getting wrinkles out of tough fabrics. It’s simple to operate, has a large water reservoir and keeps steaming for up to 15 minutes per fill. If your student is really serious about removing wrinkles quickly without the need for an iron and ironing board, then the ESTEAM is the best option on the market. Here are its main features.
- Most powerful handheld garment steamer available, it’s 3X more powerful than most other hand held steamers
- 600 watt heating element contributes to a quick time to steam of less than 2 minutes
- Simple to operate and ideal for college dorm life
- Its large 8 ounce reservoir uses plain tap water and gives the ESTEAM a long steam time of 15 minutes per fill
- Durable high-impact plastic outer housing
- UL Certified, cUL Certified
- Made in USA
- Compact dimensions of 3 x 5 x 10-1/2 inches
- Works great on tough wrinkles
- Very durable
- Fast heat-up time
- Large reservoir
- Utilitarian look
- Despite claims, should use distilled water
- No on/off switch
Back To College Clothes Steamer
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these handheld steamers? Which garment steamer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our steamer post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you valuable information that helps you purchase your student’s back to college clothes steamer!