The best facial steamer uses Nano ionic warm mist steam to open pores and add moisture to the skin. Nano-ionic steam produced by the best facial steamer can penetrate the skin barrier more easily and unclog pores and remove dirt, oil, and leftover makeup.
What should you look for in the best facial steamer?
Hot mist is designed to shock your skin and open pores and softens blackheads for easier cleaning. Warm mist will also open pores, but its purpose is for routine skin moisturizing and cleansing. This article is about the best warm mist facial steamers.
Interested in learning about other innovative steam products? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Jewelry Steamer: Top Rated 3-in-1 Jewelry Cleaner
- McCulloch Steam Cleaner: Top Rated Canister Steamer
- Iron Press Machine: Top Rated Budget Mid-Size Steam Press
- Steam Mop: Top Rated 2-in-1 Transformer Steam Mop
- Portable Garment Steamer: Most Popular Travel Steamer
- BISSELL Mop: Top Rated Powered Hard Floor Mop Delivers Painless Cleaning
- Spot Carpet Cleaner: Top Rated Cordless Portable Carpet Cleaner Removes Pet Stains Fast
- Carpet Scrubber: Top Rated Budget Deep Carpet Cleaner Stain Remover
- Best Rice Cooker: Top 5 Best Rated High-End Rice Cookers
- 8Qt Pressure Cooker: Top Rated 8-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
- Rowenta Steamer: Top Rated Rowenta Garment Steamer
- Rowenta Iron: Top Rated Professional Rowenta Steam Iron
A Nano Ionic home facial steamer uses an ultrasonic vaporizer along with its heating element to produce nano-scale steam and ionic water particles that are up to 10 times more effective in penetrating the skin. The best facial steamer for moisturizing and cleansing will use Nano ionic technology.
Water Reservoir Size
Many facial steamers are compact and portable, but the tradeoff is that the water reservoir will be smaller. A standard facial steaming regimen is about 6-10 minutes long. If the facial steam machine you’re considering can produce six minutes of continuous steam, it should be adequate for most sessions.
Facial Steamer Size
Facial steamers come in a variety of sizes and shapes. If you need the unit to be portable, then choose a compact model that’s easy to transport. If you’re more interested in reservoir size or need a model with a more stable base, then look for a larger model.
High-Quality Heating Element
You should always use distilled water in any facial steamer to eliminate hard water buildup on the element. Non-distilled water will allow the heating element to become covered in minerals that can quickly reduce the effectiveness of the element until it no longer generates enough heat to produce steam.
Just the heat and moisture in the steam chamber can cause the heating element to corrode. A high-quality heating element is coated for better corrosion resistance.
This isn’t really something you should look for, but you will almost inevitably notice. Plastic smell is something that happens to a facial steamer when you try to use it for the first time without having already run it through a prep cycle.
The chemical smell arises from the manufacturing process and should go away after one or two cycles. It is one of the most frequent complaints new users mention when trying their facial steamer for the first time and even the best facial steamer will probably suffer from it.
Ceramic heating elements may reduce or eliminate the smell in some units.
To offset the smell, try running the steamer with a full reservoir with a few drops of lemon prior to using it for the first time.
Everybody knows that steam is hot and even a warm mist facial steamer can burn, so you need to keep the steamer a safe distance from your face while using it. They are not designed to be placed close to your face. You will have to experiment to see what works the best for you, but most manufacturers recommend that you keep the steamer approximately 7 or 8 inches from your face when steaming.
Additionally, most facial steamers don’t have an automatic shutoff to prevent damage to the unit or worse. The best facial steamer should have an automatic shutoff that turns the facial steamer off when the water reservoir is low.
We searched beauty forums, social media, manufacturer sites, retail sites, consumer sites, and customer reviews sites to find the most popular and highly rated Nano ionic, warm mist facial steamers.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these popular facial steamers is the best facial steamer for your needs!
You may not be familiar with the KINGDOMCARES brand, but they have been developing, designing, and manufacturing electrical beauty care products for nearly 20 years. Their KINGDOMCARES 3-in-1 Warm Mist Moisturizing Facial Steamer features an advanced PTC ceramic heating element that vaporizes clean water and produces a visible strong steam flow instantly. Its Nano iconic steam penetrates deep into your skin layers to unclog pores and remove traces of makeup, dirt, and oil. Nano-ionic steam produced by this face steamer penetrates the skin more effectively to moisturize facial skin and relieve dryness. For safety, this unit will turn off automatically when the water reservoir runs low. Use this facial steamer to soften skin making it easier to remove dead skin, dirt, oil, makeup remnants and make skin fresh, smooth, soft, and radiant. You should expect immediate and long-term results when used weekly as needed.
Best Facial Steamer: Features
- Portable, 280-watt, 3-in-1 facial steamer, humidifier with an elegant design
- Advanced PTC ceramic heating element produces steam more quickly and is less prone to mineral damage or corrosion
- A 2.7-ounce water tank allows for 10-12 minutes of steam time
- Completely silent operation
- Unit shuts off automatically when the water runs out
- Can run as an interior humidifier during any weather
- One button power switch makes it very simple to use
- 120VDC/60Hz operation only
- Excellent value
- Quality construction
- Simple, elegant design
- Compact size
- Small reservoir
- No automatic shutoff
Although many facial steamers claim to be 3-in-1 devices, the Pursonic Nano Ionic 3-in-1 Warm Mist Facial Steamer validates their claim by incorporating a state-of-the-art facial steamer, towel warmer and sterilizer, and a room humidifier. The perfect addition to your home beauty kit, it will give you a satisfying spa treatment at your leisure. This model allows you to infuse the steam with the essence of flowers, herbs, milk, fruit, and more to provide extra relaxation while steaming. Just insert your infusion material into a cup and place in the steamer. Suitable for daily use, it will deliver better-hydrated skin that is softer and clearer. Additional features include the ability to warm and sterilize small towels and delivering low-power humidifying and moisturizing to any room.
- 300-watt, 3-in-1 facial steamer, towel warmer, and room humidifier with the capability to infuse your steam with additional materials like fruit, vegetables, flowers, and essential oils
- Small towel warmer and sterilizer
- Low power (300W) room humidifier
- 1-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Unique essential oil capability
- May be used as a towel warmer
- Fast time to steam
- Budget priced
- Small reservoir
The Panasonic EH-SA31VP Spa-Quality Warm Mist Facial Steamer allows you to enjoy relaxing, spa-like facial sauna treatments in your own home in just six minutes. It generates Nano ionic steam and water droplets that are thousands of time smaller than regular steam and can penetrate the skin more effectively. The Panasonic EH-SA31VP quickly and gently removes leftover makeup, dirt, and other impurities while increasing moisture in your skin for a healthier, more natural-looking complexion. When used as part of your regular morning skin care regimen, it thoroughly cleanses the skin for easier makeup application. Used at night, this Panasonic facial steamer soothes and refreshes skin for effective, deep facial cleansing. Its sleek design will complement any makeup table or bathroom décor.
- Sleek, stylish, compact facial steamer
- Ultra-fine Nano ionic steam delivers more effective skin penetration and hydrates skin better
- Enjoy a relaxing spa experience in your own home in as little as six minutes
- Quickly and gently remove makeup, dirt, and other impurities
- Relaxing warm mist steam
- Fast time to steam
- Perfect size for countertop use
- Sleek design
- Small water reservoir
- Fragile plastic cup
Another quality facial steamer from KINDOMCARES, their KINGDOMCARES Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer can effectively clear blackheads and acne. The mist it produces moisturizes skin and allows for the deep cleaning of pores while the facial atomizer provides a personal sauna spa in your own home. Its advanced PTC ceramic heating element produces a strong steam flow nearly instantly and delivers micro-fine steam to penetrate deeply into all your skin layers. Its Nano ionic steam combined with ionic water particles can be up to 10 times more effective in penetrating skin than regular steam. Use it to unclog pores and remove dirt, oil, makeup and enhance nutrient absorption into the skin and remove metal deposits, weakened pigment spots, kill skin bacteria, and suppress acne. It also activates the hydrophilic factor and replenishes water in your skin to promote collagen regeneration. Easy to use, you simply place the facial steamer on a flat surface, fill the water tank, insert the tank into the steamer, plug into a power outlet, push the on button, and direct the steam towards your face.
- High-end design, stylish, 3-in-1, portable, compact, Nano Ionic warm mist facial steamer, towel warmer, and room humidifier
- High-quality PTC ceramic heating element combined with an ultrasonic vaporizer produces Nano steam with negatively charged ionic particles
- Generates full-powered steam in under 30 seconds
- 3-ounce water tank provides approximately 10-12 minutes of steam time
- Easy one-button operation
- High-tech ozone feature with UV lamp is provided to sterilize for purer steam
- 10-minute automatic shutoff timer
- Appropriate for all skin types
- 2-Year limited warranty
- Compact and easy to store
- Plenty of warm mist to open pores
- Beautiful design will look good on any vanity table
- Excellent value
- None noted
The ECVISION Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer moisturizes skin and opens pores for a deeper clean and provides personal spa quality facial hydration. Its advanced PTC ceramic heating element combined with a facial atomizer vaporizes water into Nano steam particles for better penetration into your skin. The included 5-in-1 blackhead remover kit provides a cleaner and a more hygienic way to treat blemishes, acne, blackheads, whiteheads, and more. Easy to use, just place the unit on a flat surface, fill the water tank, insert the water tank into the face steamer, plus in the unit, push the power button, and direct the steam towards your face.
- 280W, compact Nano ionic facial steamer deep moisturizer
- Advanced PTC ceramic heating element heats water fast
- Included 5-in-1 Blackhead extraction kit includes has 5 different tools gives you the tools you need to maintain a healthy complexion
- Larger 2.4-oz. water reservoir delivers up to 12 minutes of 104 degrees F Nano steam
- Precision control know allows you to easily set the desired humidity
- Internal UV light and high-tech ozone function sterilize steam so that only the purest steam reaches your skin
- Nice styling with gold accents
- Compact size
- Budget price
- Effective facial cleansing
- Some complaints about a too small reservoir
The Krasr 3-in-1 Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer with Free Blackhead Extractor Kit is more than just a facial steamer. With the included tools, it’s the perfect tool to treat blackheads and other skin blemishes. Use the included 5-piece stainless steel blackhead extractor toolkit along with the Nano ionic steamer to clean your skin deeply and remove more skin problems. A large reservoir gives you up to 20 minutes of steam time. This model combines a high-quality heating element with an ultrasonic vaporizer to produce Nano-scale steam with negatively charged particles that are 10 times better at penetrating the skin. Its 3-in-1 capability includes the facial steamer as well as a powerful humidifier and integrated towel warming chamber. It has all the capability and features you would expect from the best facial steamer.
- Nano-ionic facial steamer, powerful humidifier, and towel warmer
- High-quality heating element and ultrasonic vaporizer Steamer produces superfine nanoscale steam in seconds that penetrates the skin deeper than regular steam
- Fast time to steam of only 30 seconds
- Larger water tank holds enough water to provided up to 20 minutes of treatment time
- 5-piece, medical grade, stainless steel blackhead extractor toolkit with eye hole, angled, needle, oval, and flat wire tools
- Precision control know makes it easy to set the desired humidity
- 1 – 5-piece surgical grade stainless steel blackhead extractor kit
- 1 – Convenient water cup
- Budget priced
- Gentle, effective moisturizing
- Simple, elegant design
- Compact size takes up very little space
- Water reservoir could be larger
The OKACHI GLIYA Warm Mist Nano Steam Facial Steamer in Violet is one of the most popular and highly rated facial steamers available. It produces Nano ionic steam that can penetrate the skin barrier more easily loosening dirt and oil that clog pores and cause blemishes. It also melts away dead skin cells making nutrients more absorbable into the skin. This steamer activates the hydrophilic factor and replenishes water in your skin to promote collagen regeneration and can soften cuticle while restoring smooth, delicate skin. You may also find that it weakens your pigmented spots, kills skin bacteria, and suppresses acne. An integrated makeup mirror adds to the usefulness of the steamer. Easy to use, you just pop out the water tank, add water, reinstall the tank and push the power button. We think this might be the best facial steamer you can buy.
- Compact Nano ionic facial steamer generates 104 degrees F Nano steam
- Advanced PTC ceramic heating element vaporizes water into Nano steam and is corrosion-resistant
- Intelligent Steam Balancing System quickly release steam in about 30 seconds and then automatically keeps the steam at 104 degrees F during the remainder of use
- Integrated UV light disinfects steam and makes it purer
- Cleanses deeply while enhancing nutritional absorption and promoting collagen regeneration
- Auto-shutoff feature safely turns the steamer off when the reservoir runs low
- Indicator light flashes red when the steamer is in power-up state and then turns to white after to press the power button
- Large, BPA-free, heat-resistant, 2.7-oz. water reservoir delivers a long useful steam time and will not release plastic odors
- Aluminum alloy nozzle is designed to prevent hot water from spitting out
- Microcomputer touch panel makes it easy to control the steamer or you can choose to turn off the steamer by closing the HD mirror
- Excellent thermal dissipation means that the steamer body stays cool during operation
- Dimensions are 5.4W x 7.2D x 7.8H inches and weighs about 3.4 lbs.
Recommended Facial Regimen
- Use a facial brush for cleansing first
- Use the facial steamer to open pores and hydrate skin and improve absorbency of makeup and nutrition
- Use cool mist facial sprayer to shrink pores
- Compact size
- Delightful styling
- Outstanding performance
- Natural, gentle cleaning
- None noted
Best Facial Steamer
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these popular facial steamers? Which home face steamer will you choose? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share with others if you think they will benefit!
A facial steamer penetrates the skin to unclog pores and remove dirt, oil, keratin, and leftover makeup as well as providing a quick nutritional absorption for your skin. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best facial steamer for your needs!