Looking for a powerful carpet cleaner that’s also a good value? The popular BISSELL PowerSteamer has the cleaning power to do the job right without breaking the bank. You can buy more complicated, more expensive models, but when it comes to carpet and upholstery cleaning, all you really need is a BISSELL PowerSteamer.
A BISSELL PowerSteamer uses powerful brushes to deep clean carpet more effectively. Brushes help scrub the carpet lifting away ground-in dirt and producing a better clean.
Why Power Brushes?
Rotating brushes penetrate deep into your carpet loosening dirt and stains so the carpet washer can lift them away. The secret is in the number of brushes. The more rows of brushes, the better and deeper the carpet cleaner cleans your carpet. On this BISSELL carpet cleaner, BISSELL put 5 cleaning rows of very stiff bristle brushes in a wavy formation on its DirtLifter Powerbrush that overpower dirt and stains so its powerful suction can lift them away.
Heat or No Heat
BISSELL Power Steamers don’t have a built-in heater like some models. This reduces cost, but does it compromise cleaning? With a BISSELL PowerSteamer, you add hot water to the reservoir and take advantage of its heat to help dissolve dirt and stains.
Models with heat perform two additional functions. They raise the water temperature in the machine above the temperature of tap water and they maintain that temperature throughout the cleaning process.
Interested in seeing other carpet cleaner choices? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Steam Vac: Top 5 Best Rated Carpet Cleaners
- Best Home Carpet Cleaner: Top Rated Best Cleaning Carpet Washer
- BISSELL Power Steamer: Top Rated Home Carpet Steam Cleaner
- Home Carpet Cleaner: Best 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL Double Tank Carpet Cleaner: Got Pets? No Worries!
- Hoover Steam Vac: New Power Path Carpet Washer
- Rug Shampooer: Best New Home Carpet Washer
- Carpet Steamer: Best Professional Grade Home Carpet Cleaner
Carpet washers without heat have been around for years functioning well to remove dirt and stains. Adding a heat function to the unit increases its energy usage and makes it more complicated with an additional component to fail over the years.
If you think you might prefer a BISSELL heated model carpet cleaner, we recommend the BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner, 17N4.
Best Way to Use a BISSELL PowerSteamer
Cleaning your carpet is an effective way to prolong the look and life of your carpets. The best way to clean your carpet with a BISSELL carpet shampooer is to start with vacuuming. It is more effective to vacuum the area to be cleaned prior to using a carpet washer instead of depending completely on the vacuum power of the carpet washer. Make certain to pre-treat heavy-traffic and badly stained areas of the carpet prior to cleaning with a pre-treat formula like BISSELL’s Stain Pretreat for Carpet & Upholstery.
Use a carpet cleaning formula designed for your carpet cleaning machine like BISSELL’s Deep Clean ProHeat 2X Deep Cleaning Concentrated Formula.
Make one slow forward and backwards wet pass by pressing the carpet cleaner’s trigger. Suction water from the carpet by making a few forwards and backwards passes without using the trigger. The more you make vacuum passes the faster the carpet will dry. Once you’re done and the carpet is dry, use your vacuum one more time to restore the nap and soft feel of your carpet. BISSELL experts recommend repeating the cleaning at least twice a year or more often if you have children, pets, allergies, or someone in the household smokes.
BISSELL Power Steamers do the job effectively, are easy to use, and are value-priced.
Take a look at this BISSELL Power Steamer and see if it is the best carpet cleaner for your needs!
BISSELL is still a family-owned business that has been operating since 1876 and is still passionate about helping you effectively and easily clean your home. They believe that the faster and better you clean your home; the more time you will have to actually enjoy and live your life. That’s why they build powerful, effective carpet cleaners like their BISSELL 1623 PowerSteamer PowerBrush Full-Sized Carpet Cleaner. It features a powerful 6.25 Amp motor and an effective 5-brush row DirtLifter Powerbrush that work in concert with cleaning solution and vacuum action to deep clean your carpets. With a wide cleaning path, simple operation, and a stain tool for hard-to-reach areas, this model gives you the clean you need on a budget. Here’s what you need to know.
BISSELL Power Steamer Features
- Powerful 6.25 Amp motor provides great suction and brush roll agitation
- Complete carpet washer uses hot tap water, BISSELL’s popular cleaning formula, a DirtLifter Powerbrush, and vacuum power to clean your carpets
- 5 cleaning rows of stiff bristles placed in a wavy formation on the rotating DirtLifter Powerbrush penetrate deep into carpets to scrub carpet fibers lifting ground-in dirt and stains to be vacuumed away
- Handy stain tool lets you get to hard-to-reach areas
- Large 2-in-1 reservoir tank system makes it easy to fill and empty water
- Wide 10.5-inch cleaning path makes quick work of carpets
- A long 25-foot power cord and 7-foot hose keep you cleaning longer between outlet switches
- Built-in carry handle means easier transport around your home and from level to level
- This unit carries the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval
- 1-Year limited warranty
- Unit weighs in at 17.5 lbs.
For extra cleaning power on stairs and for upholstery get the optional BISSELL TurboBrush >>>
Be sure and use a safe and approved carpet cleaning formula like BISSELL’s most popular formula >>>
BISSELL PowerSteamer Related Carpet Cleaners
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this value carpet cleaner? Which model carpet washer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you compare the BISSELL PowerSteamer to other carpet cleaners you might be considering!