BISSELL makes a variety of cleaning tools, but one of their most popular is the BISSELL steamer. A BISSELL steamer is a steam mop that cleans and sanitizes floors using only the power of steam. The right steam mop, like one from BISSELL, can make cleaning much easier and faster without having to resort to harmful chemical cleaners.
If you have young children or pets, the last thing you want to do is keep dangerous chemicals around the house or use them on floors that children and pets frequent. Using chemical cleaners puts your whole family at risk from the vapors and chemicals. It’s true that if you buy antibacterial cleaners they kill bacteria, but at what cost? A BISSELL steamer uses only water, leaves behind no chemical residue, and is much safer for your family.
What should you look for in a BISSELL steamer?
Power for steam mops is measured in watts and you should expect a powerful steam mop to generate 1500 watts of power or more. The advantage of higher power is its faster production of steam and powerful steam flow. With a faster time to steam, you can be cleaning faster and more powerful steam flow will loosen dirt and grime better.
Interested in learning about other high-quality steam mops. Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Floor Steam Cleaner: Best Indoor-Outdoor Multi-Surface Steam Mop
- Floor Steamers: Best New Combo Vacuum and Steam Mop
- Best Hardwood Floor Cleaner: Top Steam Mop
- Steam Mop for Laminate Floors: Hit Dirt Hard Without Damage
- BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop
- HAAN SI-25 Swift Sanitizing Pressurized Steam Mop
- Black & Decker BDH1720SM SmartSelect Steam Mop
- Shark MV2010 Vac-Then-Steam Steam Mop and Vacuum
- Shark Lift-Away S3901 Professional Steam Pocket Mop
- Shark S3601 Professional Steam Pocket Mop
- Shark S3101 Electric Steam Mop by Euro-Pro
- Shark Floor Steamer: Shark’s New Steam and Spray Mop
- Shark Steam Mop: Best Selling New Steam Mop
- HAAN Steam Mop: Best HAAN Steam Mop
- Shark Steam Mop Reviews: 4 Best Shark Steam Mops
- Steam Mop Reviews: 5 Great Steam Mops Under $100
- Best Steam Mop: Top 5 Steam Mop Floor Cleaners
Steam is a natural disinfectant and antibacterial. Steam kills some germs instantly, but not all. In order to properly use a steam mop for disinfecting purposes, the steam mop has to generate the proper temperature steam and you need to use it more slowly.
Just running the steam mop over your floor will not kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria. To do that effectively you have to move the mop over the floor much more slowly. It actually takes as much as 20 seconds for the steam from a steam mop to be an effective disinfectant. That means hovering in place over each area for 20 seconds. This is true of all steam mops not just a BISSELL steamer.
A wide cleaning path, means you can steam more floor space faster. Be careful though. Make sure that the steam mop you choose distributes steam to the entire mop head. You cleaning path is only as wide as the distribution of steam in the mop head.
Steam mops by themselves aren’t good scrubbers. They loosen dirt and sticky messes so that their mop pad can absorb and remove them. If the mess is melted hard candy or other touch mess, the steam mop may not be able to clean it without help. That help is usually in the form of a brush of some sort that may come as a tool or attachment to the steam mop. The new model of BISSELL steamer that we’re looking at in this article actually has a built-in scrubber just for those tough messes.
The larger the water reservoir, the longer you can clean using your steam mop without having to refill the tank. Some models have removable tanks that you can carry to your sink and some models have fixed reservoirs that you have to fill at the steam mop by bringing water from your sink. Which is best? The convenience of removing the tank has the advantage of not having to carry water across your home, while a fixed tank may be larger.
If you prefer, some models of BISSELL steamer have the ability to accept scent discs. These small discs are inserted into the built-in scent disc holder where they can be used to provide a burst of freshness while steaming.
We searched social media, home cleaning forums, steam cleaning forums, retail sites, consumer sites, manufacturer sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated new BISSELL steamer.
Take a look at this new model BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop and see if it’s the best steam mop for your needs!
The BISSELL PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop is the newest BISSELL PowerFresh model featuring a new easy-fill water reservoir design, a new integrated SpotBOOST Scrub Brush, and built-in Scent Disc holder. Like all of the PowerFresh models, it uses the natural power of steam to clean and sanitize your floors quickly and easily, eliminating 99.9 percent of germs bacteria when used according to direction. The unique on-board SpotBOOST brush lets you scrub away tough, sticky messes without having to resort to separate tools and the included Spring Breeze scent discs will leave your room smelling as clean as your floors. Variable steam control with high and low settings allows you to tailor steam to your cleaning tasks. Perfect for cleaning all sealed floors, vinyl floors, and bare floors, without the use of harsh chemical cleaners. Here’s what you need to know.
BISSELL Steamer: Features
- Powerful 1500-watt hard surface BISSELL steam mop produces a fast time to steam of only 30 seconds
- Uses the natural power of steam to clean and sanitize your floors quickly and easily, eliminating 99.9percent of germs and bacteria when used as directed
- Variable steam control with high and low settings allows you to tailor steam to your cleaning tasks
- Unique integrated SpotBOOST Scrub Brush lets you scrub away tough, sticky messes without additional tools
- New built-in scent disk holder accepts Spring Breeze scent discs that will leave your room smelling as clean as your floors or you can insert scent discs directly into the pad for a more intense burst of freshness
- New, large 19 oz. easy-fill water tank includes handy measuring cup
- Handy heater ready light
- Integrated carry handle makes it easy to move this BISSELL steamer around your home or from level to level
- Clean hard-to-reach messes in corners and crevices effortlessly for a complete clean
- Uses removable and reusable microfiber pads
- Wide 12-inch cleaning path
- Long 25-foot power cord gives you a large cleaning radius and reduces the requirement to switch outlets
Lightweight at only 6.9 lbs. full of water
- 2-Year limited warranty
BISSELL Steamer Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this new BISSELL steam mop? Which steam mop are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com BISSELL steamer post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best BISSELL steamer for your needs!