A carpet spot cleaner machine performs the special function of removing stains from carpets, carpeted stairs, and upholstery. It is designed perform better on stain spots than a regular carpet cleaner and is portable and easier to use. Instead, you can take the carpet spot cleaner machine directly to the stain without the hassle of getting out your full-sized upright carpet cleaner.
Your vacuum cleaner can pick up most dust, dirt, and crumbs in your carpet and on upholstery, but for stains, you need a carpet spot cleaner machine that has the agitation, cleaning solution, and water solvent to deep clean your carpet and remove tough dirt and stains.
A carpet spot cleaner machine can be useful in so many ways. Whether you have pet stains, stains on your stairs, muddy footprints in the entryway, drink stains on the upholstery in your house or car, or any of a number of other stains that are just part of life, a carpet spot cleaner machine is the best tool to remove them.
What are some features to look for in a capable carpet spot cleaning machine?
A portable carpet spot cleaner machine isn’t going to help you with your carpet cleaning if it doesn’t have the power to do the job. A portable carpet cleaner injects cleaning solution into stained carpeting to loosen dirt and stains so that they can be suctioned away. Powerful suction doesn’t just remove the loosened dirt and stains, it also removes excess water and solution so that carpeting dries faster.
Your carpet and upholstery takes a beating all year long from harsh winters, road salt, mud, sand, and pets all taking their toll. To get the tough soiled and stained spots clean, you need powerful suction to pull it out of the carpet.
Interested in learning about other carpet cleaning solutions? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- BISSELL Rug Shampooer: New BISSELL 2-in-1 Pet Carpet Cleaner
- Auto Carpet Shampooer: Most Powerful Professional Portable Car Carpet Cleaner
- Shampooer: Top Rated Lift-Off Pet Full-Sized Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL PowerSteamer PowerBrush: Popular Value BISSELL Deep Carpet Cleaner
- Steam Vac: Top 5 Best Rated Carpet Cleaners
- Best Home Carpet Cleaner: Top Rated Best Cleaning Carpet Washer
- Sofa Cleaning: Super Steam Clean Sofas, Upholstery, Mattresses
- BISSELL Power Steamer: Top Rated Home Carpet Steam Cleaner
- Home Carpet Cleaner: Best 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL Double Tank Carpet Cleaner: Got Pets? No Worries!
- Hoover Steam Vac: New Power Path Carpet Washer
- Rug Shampooer: Best New Home Carpet Washer
- Auto Carpet Cleaner: Best Car Portable Interior Cleaner
It’s a pain to drag out a full-size carpet cleaner or to rent one just to remove a few stains from the corner of a room, on the stairs, or on your sofa. Full-size carpet cleaners aren’t designed for that anyway. They are designed to clean large areas of mildly soiled carpet effectively.
For tough stains and soil, you need a specialty carpet spot cleaner machine that you can take right to the stain as soon after you identify the stain as possible. The quicker you are on top of the stain with your portable machine, the better chance you have of effectively removing it.
The last thing you want to do is contaminate your cleaning solution with dirty water you just pulled from your carpet or upholstery. To avoid that, you need a carpet spot cleaner machine with dual tanks. You need one with separate clean water-solution mix and dirty water catch tanks.
If you choose to clean with warm water, it helps to keep the cold, dirty water away from the warm cleaning solution so that it stays warmer longer.
If you’re doing more than just a few stains at once, you will inevitably have to stop and refill to complete you task. That’s because portable carpet and upholstery cleaning machines by their nature have smaller tanks.
Larger tanks allow you to clean longer before you have to refill, but because they carry more liquid, they make the machine heavier to carry around your home and from level to level.
Removable tanks can save you a lot of time by allowing you to take the tanks to the sink to empty and refill rather than having to carry the whole machine. They can also save your back.
The combination of hose length and power cord length is your cleaning reach. It’s easy to clean near an outlet, but for stairs, your car, or other locations in your home that are far from an outlet, it might be more difficult.
A long hose and power cord insure that you have the cleaning reach to power out stains and tough dirt anywhere around your home.
All the work happens at the business end of the hose. The carpet spot cleaner machine provides solution and vacuum power to the cleaning tool and the tool provides the agitation, directs the flow of water and solution, and applies the suction. The right tool makes all the difference in the effectiveness of your stain removal. Some models have rotating brushes that automatically agitate your carpet or upholstery for a deeper clean.
I prefer a manual tool that allows me to put a lot of pressure into the cleaning to agitate more than any rotating brush can. Most models come with at least one manual tool for that purpose.
A long warranty tells you that the manufacturer has faith in materials and workmanship of their carpet cleaning machines. Look for a model with at least a 1-Year limited warranty or longer if possible.
We searched house cleaning forums, social media, manufacturers sites, consumer sites, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the best new carpet spot cleaner machine.
Take a look at our list and see if this new portable carpet and upholstery cleaner from Hoover is the best carpet cleaner for your needs!
Hoover has recently introduced their new Hoover FH11300PC Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner that features powerful suction hygienic deep cleaning tools, and patent-pending Self-Clean Technology that flushes the hose clean after each use to help prevent odors and bacterial growth. This compact, lightweight, and highly portable carpet and upholstery cleaner sprays, scrubs, and suctions away everyday stains and spills on carpet, stairs, upholstery, and in your car. It uses high-performance stain cleaning formulas in conjunction with its powerful suction to loosen and remove tough dirt, grime, and stains from carpets and upholstery everywhere around your home. Here’s what you need to know about this new Hoover carpet cleaner.
Carpet Spot Cleaner Machine: Features
- Powerful, portable carpet and upholstery spot stain and dirt remover
- An Antimicrobial Multipurpose Tool with deep cleaning rubber nubs is engineered with antimicrobial properties that make it easier to clean while protecting it against bacteria, mold, and mildew
- Patent-pending Self-Clean Technology flushes the hose clean after each use to help remove dirt and bacteria for a spotless clean on the inside
- High performance formulas and powerful suction loosen and remove dirt and grime from carpets and upholstery
- Bonus Expert Clean Gel is included to pretreat stubborn stains and eliminate them more easily
- Its light weight and compact size makes it easy to reach and remove stains virtually anywhere around your home from carpet and upholstery to stairs to your vehicles and more
- Removable Dual Tank Technology separates clean solution (51 oz.) from dirty captured water (36 oz.) and allows you to fill, empty, and rinse each tank easily
- Long 14-foot power cord and 5-foot hose give you a longer cleaning reach and allow you to clean longer without switching outlets
- Handy water level indicator keeps you informed
- Lightweight at less than 9 lbs.
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – 8 oz. Expert Clean Detergent
- 1 – 4 oz. Expert Clean Pretreat Gel
- 1 – Multi-purpose tool with anti-microbial properties to protect against bacteria, mold, and mildew
Carpet Spot Cleaner Machine Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this new Hoover carpet cleaner? Which portable carpet cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com Carpet Spot Cleaner Machine post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best carpet spot cleaner machine for your needs!