Looking for a quality carpet spot cleaner to tackle stains and dirty spots on carpet and upholstery? A carpet spot cleaner is a fast and convenient tool for removing spots from carpet anywhere in your home or vehicle.
The advantages of a carpet spot cleaner are that it removes spots more effectively than a large area carpet cleaner and
When you discover a mess from pets or children on carpets, upholstery or in your car or truck, you can bypass your large, heavy, bulky area carpet cleaner and take care of the mess quickly and effectively.
You need three things if you’re going to go to battle against pet stains. You need agitation, cleaning solution, and warm water. Those three elements give you a fighting chance to remove tough dirt and stains.
If you’ve ever stared at a pet stain or kid mess on your stairs and wondered how you’re going to clean it, spot carpet cleaner can come to your rescue.
It is specifically designed as the best tool for removing stains and dirt on stairway carpets in addition to area carpets and upholstery.
What should you look for when choosing a quality carpet spot cleaner?
Powerful suction in a portable carpet cleaner allows it to pull dirty water out of your carpet for a better clean and a carpet that dries more quickly. If you’re trying to remove spots before company comes over, that suction is important to make the carpet as dry as possible before they arrive.
A drier carpet is also a carpet that is less prone to mold and mildew which can worsen your family’s allergies.
Interested in learning about other carpet cleaning solutions? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Carpet Scrubber: Top Rated Budget Deep Carpet Cleaner Stain Remover
- Cheap Carpet Cleaners: Top 5 Best Rated Carpet Cleaners Under $200
- Carpet Spot Cleaner Machine: Best New Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
- BISSELL Rug Shampooer: New BISSELL 2-in-1 Pet Carpet Cleaner
- Auto Carpet Shampooer: Most Powerful Professional Portable Car Carpet Cleaner
- Shampooer: Top Rated Lift-Off Pet Full-Sized Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL PowerSteamer PowerBrush: Popular Value BISSELL Deep Carpet Cleaner
- Steam Vac: Top 5 Best Rated Carpet Cleaners
- Best Home Carpet Cleaner: Top Rated Best Cleaning Carpet Washer
- Sofa Cleaning: Super Steam Clean Sofas, Upholstery, Mattresses
- BISSELL Power Steamer: Top Rated Home Carpet Steam Cleaner
- Home Carpet Cleaner: Best 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL Double Tank Carpet Cleaner: Got Pets? No Worries!
- Hoover Steam Vac: New Power Path Carpet Washer
- Rug Shampooer: Best New Home Carpet Washer
- Auto Carpet Cleaner: Best Car Portable Interior Cleaner
I don’t know about you, but I dread dragging out and servicing our large area carpet washer, even though it does a good whole-house cleaning on our carpets. It feels even worse when it’s just a small spot or stain and it’s upstairs away from where the carpet washer is stored downstairs. It just seems like an unnecessary waste of effort.
Not only that, but I’ve also noticed that although it does a great job on regular cleaning, I can stand there for what seems like several minutes over a dirty spot or stain, and the stain will still be there.
A carpet spot cleaner is compact, lightweight, and will store easily almost anywhere. You can easily bring it out when needed to tackle a stain before it sets in permanently. That’s important because you have the highest probability of removing a stain completely right after it happens. Waiting even a few hours risks permanently setting the stain and making it very difficult to remove, even with specialty cleaners.
Separate Cleaning Reservoirs
It’s unusual to find modern carpet washers without separate clean and dirty water tanks, but just in case, we’ll mention it. Having separate clean and dirty water tanks means that the carpet will always be washed with clean water and solution. One-tank systems use the water that is pulled from the carpet to continue cleaning and aren’t as effective.
As you might expect, portable carpet spot cleaners will have smaller reservoirs than larger area carpet cleaners. That’s what makes them highly portable, compact, and lightweight. That being said
With a larger reservoir, you can clean longer without running out of water and solution. It may not be as important for a single spot, but depending on how many spots you have or if you’re cleaning upholstery in your home or vehicle, having the extra cleaning time between refills can be very convenient.
It’s inevitable, when you run out of water and solution, to keep
Top-rated models have separate, removable clean and dirty water tanks. you just detach them and take the tanks to your sink for emptying and refilling. It’s not only more convenient, it’s more efficient and effective.
Cleaning reach is a relatively new term which adds your hose length to your power cord length to get the distance from an outlet you can clean before you need to switch.
So, the longer the combination of your power cord and hose lengths are the greater your cleaning reach. Remember, stains and messes aren’t always convenient to a nearby power outlet, so having the extra cleaning reach can be very handy in many situations.
The business end of any spot carpet cleaner is the cleaning tool. In addition to powerful suction, the most important stain removal tool is agitation. The agitation can be provided by a powered or manual tool, but it’s essential to thorough spot and upholstery cleaning.
Powered tools are more convenient and less work than manual tools, but you may find that manual cleaning is more effective. A manual tool may allow you to exert more pressure and agitation than a powered one.
When a manufacturer provides a long warranty, they’re telling you that they have faith in their materials and workmanship. A good warranty on a small appliance like a spot carpet cleaner is one year.
We searched house cleaning forums, social media, manufacturers sites, consumer sites, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated carpet spot cleaner machine.
Take a look at our list and see if this BISSELL portable carpet and upholstery cleaner is the best carpet cleaner for your needs!
The BISSELL 1400B Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet Cleaner in Green features powerful suction from a 3-Amp motor, a simple, but effective, a large 48-oz. dirty water tank, and a long cleaning reach of 19-feet. Its eco-friendly design contains at least 50% recycled plastic and uses packaging with a 95% reduction in PVC use.
Carpet Spot Cleaner: Features
- Powerful 3-amp motor delivers a strong solution spray and suction
- Simple operation sprays and suctions dry in one easy step for a fast, effective clean
- 95% reduction of PVC using in its packaging that also contains at least 50% recycled content from products like automotive parts, home appliances, and scrapped films
- Extra-large 48-ounce dirty water tank capacity means longer cleaning between empties
- You will appreciate the long 19-foot cleaning reach (15-foot power cord + 4-foot vacuum hose) that will keep you cleaning longer between outlet switches
- Carry handle on top makes the unit highly portable and makes transport from room to room and level to level easier
- Dimensions are 9-1/10D x 18-4/5W x 13-1/4H inches and it weighs 12 lbs.
- 1-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- 1 – 3-inch tough-stain brush tool
- 1- Trial size 2X Little Green Formula
- Easy to use
- Very effective carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Compact, easy to transport and store
- Perfect for cleaning after pets
- Some reports of dirty water tank leaking
Carpet Spot Cleaner
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this portable carpet cleaner? Which portable carpet spot cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A spot carpet cleaner is the convenient and effective way to remove stains and messes from carpet and upholstery. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best carpet spot cleaner for your needs!