Home clothing steamers are some of the most popular appliances available. It’s easy to see why. Home garment steamers have a number of advantages when compared to traditional irons.
Irons require the time and energy to get the ironing board out from its hiding place, extend it, and wait for the iron to build-up steam. Once you have steam, most iron reservoirs are small and may require refilling before you’re done ironing. Garment steamers don’t require an ironing board, have large reservoirs for long steam times, and build-up steam faster than ever, usually in less than a minute.
Ironing is a risky business when it comes to your valuable clothing. Irons can scorch, shine, or even burn delicate fabrics such as dresses, slacks, and shirts making them unusable. Temperature adjustment is puzzling at best and not very accurate.
Clothing steamers use steam to remove wrinkles so the steamer’s head does not get as hot as an iron and although it can touch your fabric, it won’t burn, shine, or scorch it. In fact, a clothing steamer issafe for fabrics you wouldn’t consider touching with your iron. Fabric steamers couldn’t be easier or faster to use. Just fill the reservoir, wait about a minute, and your clothes steamer is ready to steam.
Irons are heavy and unstable, especially while sitting on an equally unstable ironing board. They can fall off the ironing board and burn you or hurt your feet. Garment steamers for clothes have a lightweight head that is easy to use with less fatigue and no risk of falling and damaging anything or injuring anyone.
We are continuously on the lookout for new garment steamers both for the home and travel and we recently found one that has the features and performance usually reserved for much more expensive models. Take a look and see if this great new fabric steamer might be the best garment steamer for you!
Clothing Steamers: Salav GS45-DJ Professional Garment Steamer for Clothes
What sets the Salav GS45-DJ Professional Garment Steamer apart from other models is its power and features. It produces a full 1500 watts of power, has a dual telescopic bar for support and stability, a corrosion-resistant aluminum boiler for long life, and all the accessories you could ever need for just about any task. Take a look at this Salav steamer’s main features.
Clothing Steamers Features
- Powerful 1500 watt steamer gives the Salav GS45-DJ a fast time to steam of only 45 seconds and a very powerful steam flow
- Versatile steamer can handle heavier garments and drapes as well as more delicate curtains and upholstery effectively using its multiple steam settings
- A large capacity, removable, 1.8L translucent reservoir tank gives this steamer a long 60 minutes of steam time
- Dual telescopic bar provides added support and stability against tipping
- Ergonomically placed, foot operated switches for power and dual-steam settings add to its hands-free convenience
- The built-in multifunctional hanger has dual hanging levels for pants, a fold-down hanger bar for smaller garments, hanging clips and side hooks for additional temporary garment storage or to hold the steam head
- A long 4.6 ft double-insulated hose maintains steam head temperature better than other steamers and reduces hose surface temperature
- The combination of a long steam hose and 6.5 ft retractable power cord provides easy storage and more range to use convenient outlets
- The corrosion-resistant, energy-saving, and environmentally-friendly aluminum boiler heats faster, lasts longer without lime scale build-up, and has lateral outlet drains prevents excess water from shortening the life of the heating element
- Oversized casters roll easily over a variety of surfaces
- Two hanger clips
- Pants press for sharper creases
- Fabric brush
- Mini ironing helper paddle produces better wrinkle-removal results for collars, wristbands, and other difficult steaming tasks
- Convenient steam glove
- Plenty of attachments
- Easy to use
- Fast and very powerful
- Variable steam is very useful
- Steam setting lights are confusing
- Garment pole is a little short
- Clothing clips don’t work very well
- Some concerns about durability of plastic housing compare to metal
Clothing Steamers Comparison Chart
|Title||SteamFast SF-407 1500-Watt Fabric Steamer||J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer with Plastic Steam Head||SALAV GS45-DJ Orange Professional Series Dual Bar Garment Steamer with Foot Pedals||Steamfast SF-540WH Deluxe Garment Steamer||Rowenta IS9200 Precision Valet Commercial Garment Steamer 1550W Telescopic Full Size Automatic Cord Rewinder Accessories, Silver|
|Feature||1500-watt fabric steamer smoothes away wrinkles and removes odors|
Heats up in 45 seconds; 1-1/4-quart water tank produces up to 45 minutes of steam
Smooth-rolling casters; telescopic garment-hanging pole collapses for compact storage
Drain plug; 6-foot grounded power cord; press pad and fabric brush included
Measures 12-3/5 by 8 by 12 inches; 1-year limited warranty
|1300 watt solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only)|
High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
Quick two minute heat-up time
1.5 Hour steam time per filling
5.5-foot hose with 6-inch steam head
|1500 watts of powerful, continuous steam softens and straightens wrinkles on clothing, drapes, upholstery and more|
1.8 liter removable translucent water tank provides over 60 minutes of continuous steam
Built-in multi hanger; dual hanger levels for pants; fold down hanger bar for smaller garments; hanging clips & side hooks for additional garments
Convenient power & duo steam setting pedals ergonomically located for easy access
4.6 ft. double insulated hose helps maintain steam temperature and regulate hose surface heat; 6.5 ft. retractable power cord for easy cord management
|A gentle alternative to ironing ? steams away wrinkles and refreshes delicate fabrics with no burning or crushing|
Powerful 1500 watts steam generator creates steam in 45 seconds or less
Extra large water tank provides up to 80 minutes of continuous steam per filling
5 feet insulated fabric steam hose stays cool and flexible during operation
Telescopic pole with Built-In Hanger adjusts quickly and easily, from 19? to 54
Telescopic pole with Built-In Hanger adjusts quickly and easily, from 19" to 54
|Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging|
High steam output and wide diffusion from large steam head for quick and efficient wrinkle removal. Unit heats up in just 60 seconds
Height is adjustable for comfort and the built-in hanger makes steaming garments easy; Adjust level of steam to garment being steamed
Steamer base can be tilted onto its back wheels and rolled using the handle; Foot pedal operated cord retraction for compact storage
Foot pedal with indicator light is designed for comfort;Soft-touch handle stays cool while in use;Switches off automatically if tank runs dry
Provides clear view of water level and is removable for filling;Holds 1 gallon of water for up to 2.5 hours of prolonged, continuous steam
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty||3 Year Warranty||1 year||1 year limited warranty through Steamfast|
|Price||$54.99||$161.14||Too Low to Display||$69.99||$191.78|
|Height||13 inch||16.3 inch||14 inch||65.75 inch||11.41 inch|
|Weight||9 pound||11.2 pound|
|Width||9 inch||11.5 inch||16.1 inch||9.25 inch||13.78 inch|
|Length||12.6 inch||17.5 inch||19.3 inch||13.9 inch||16.08 inch|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Nov 4 15:12:08 UTC but are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the merchant site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this garment steamer? Which clothing steamer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our garment steamer article! We sincerely hope that is has provided you with valuable information that is helpful to you when comparing clothing steamers!