There are many clothes steamers, garment steamers, and fabric steamers available, but few can be classified as commercial garment steamers, despite what their manufacturers have named them or advertised them as.
When I think of commercial garment steamers, long hard use and abuse by some professional dry cleaner come to mind. While not every clothing steamer is going to have to suffer through abuse like that, you would at the very least expect a heavy-duty fabric steamer to be made of high-quality materials that are durable and will last for years.
A commercial garment steamer may not heat up as fast as some other general purpose clothing steamers because of the large reservoir. It needs a large enough reservoir to maintain a strong steady steam flow that allows you to complete your steaming tasks without refilling. If refilling is necessary, many professional garment steamers allow you to refill without shutting down the machine.
Interested in learning about other capable upright garment steamers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- SALAV Garment Steamer: Amazing New SALAV Home Clothes Steamer
- Steamfast Upright Garment Steamer: Steamfast’s Best Home Steamer
- Upholstery Steamer: Best Commercial-Grade Upholstery Steamer
- Steamfast SF-510 Fabric Steamer: Best Rated Home Steamer
- Garment Steamers: Best New Full Size Home Garment Steamer
- Clothing Steamers: Best New Home Garment Steamer
- Back To College Clothes Steamer: Best Student Steamers
- Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer: Best Value Home Garment Steamer
- Steamers For Clothes: Hottest New Heavy-Duty Garment Steamer
- Clothing Steamer: Top 5 Heavy-Duty Home Clothing Steamers
- Garment Steamer: Steamfast SF-540 Deluxe Powerful Home Steamer
- Jiffy Steamer: 2 Best Garment Steamers – Home-Travel
- Clothes Steamer: Top 4 Home Clothes Steamers
In order to have a strong steam flow and heat up faster, a commercial clothes steamer needs to have high heating power, preferably 1500 watts or more. Lower power means your clothing steamer will take longer to produce steam and the steam flow may be weaker. A weak steam flow means the garment steamer will be less effective in removing wrinkles.
The best commercial garment steamers also have a long steam hose and a long power cord. This gives you the flexibility to choose the most convenient power outlet and means you’re not completely tethered to the machine when steaming garments vertically or horizontally.
We searched steamer forums, customer review sites, social media, manufacturer sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated garment steamers with the features, quality, and durability you should expect from commercial garment steamers.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these heavy-duty, professional clothing steamers is the best garment steamer for your needs!
The Singer SteamWorks Pro 1500 Watt Garment and Fabric Steamer is the least expensive commercial clothing steamer on our list. We added this model to the list for those that do more than average home garment steaming tasks, but don’t want to spend the money necessary for some of the more durable commercial steamers. It has some nice features like reasonable steam duration of 90 minutes, a short 45 second time to steam, and 1500 watts of power to produce adequate steam flow.
Commerical Garment Steamers: Features
- 1500 watts of steam-producing power
- Adjustable steam power provides flexibility to steam both delicates like silk and heavier fabrics like wool
- 90-minute continuous steam duration thanks to an extra-large, easy-fill, removable water tank that holds 2.5 liters of water
- Telescoping pole has a 360-degree rotating hanger system that makes it easy to steam an entire garment
- Steaming accessories give you the flexibility to accomplish many different types of steaming tasks
- 45 second steam build-up time
- Dual-clip system helps you put professional-looking creases in pants
- A collapsible hanger and pole make storage simple and fast
- A premium insulated, fabric-covered steam hose reduces the risk of burns
- This unit has a relatively short 5-foot steam hose and a 7-foot 10-inch power cord
- Smart Auto-Off shuts the steamer off automatically if left unattended
- Manufacturer provides a 2-year limited warranty with this unit.
- 1 – Crease clip
- 1 – Fabric brush
- 1 – Handheld steaming board
- 1 – Protective glove
- Lots of accessories
- Powerful steam flow
- Durable quality construction
- Very simple to use
- Steam hose needs to be longer
- Some reports that steam flow is inconsistent
Small steamer head
- Steam handle gets hot
The Rowenta IS6200 Compact Valet Full Size Garment Steamer is another value model in this segment. It is not as powerful as Rowenta’s IS9200 model of commercial garment steamers, but still has features that allow it to operate on the edge between a powerful home steamer and commercial-grade steamer. It has a unique suitcase-inspired tilt and roll feature that makes transport and storage very easy for this model.
- High steam output coupled with a large, wide-diffusion steam head make winkle removal faster and more efficient
- Suitcase-inspired tilt and roll makes transport and storage very easy
- Fabric-covered hose and soft-touch, stay-cool handle reduce the risk of burning
- Lighted foot-operated on/off switch makes it easy and convenient to control power without bending over
- Large, removable, transparent 81-ounce water reservoir provides 1 hour of continuous steam using tap water and makes water level clearly visible
- Telescopic pole adjusts garment height for more comfortable steaming and then collapses for easy storage
- Large back wheels make moving unit between rooms or levels easier
- 1 – Crease attachment for pants
- 1 – Fabric brush
- 1 – Lint pad
- Easy to use and move around
- Easy to fill water tank
- Powerful steam
- Great value
- Handle gets hot
- Short hose
- Cord gets hot
- Some reports of sputtering water onto clothing
The Rowenta IS9200 Precision Valet Commercial Garment Steamer is Rowenta’s entry into the professional garment steamer arena. Rowenta is better known for its innovative commercial irons, but their expansion into the garment steamer market has brought their trusted brand name into one of the most popular segments of the garment maintenance industry. With variable steam control and high-output steam flow, it’s no wonder this model is so popular in the industry.
- Continuous, high-output steam flow thanks to 1550 watts of steam power
- A wide diffusion steam head makes quick and efficient work of any steam task
- Adjust the steam power to your task using the handy variable steam control
- Relatively quick 60 seconds steam build-up time
- Streamlined performance thanks to code-breaking design
- Suitcase-inspired tilt and roll feature enables compact storage and easy transport from room to room or level to level
- Soft-touch, stay-cool handle, and cloth-covered steam hose reduce the risk of burning
- Automatic system shut-off if the tank runs dry
- Handy clear water reservoir holds 1-gallon of water, enough for a full 2.5 hours of continuous steam
- A lighted, foot-operated on/off switch and retractable power cord make operation comfortable and convenient without the back-breaking need for bending over
- Adjustable pole extends for comfortable steaming or retracts for compact storage and comes with a built-in hanger
- Handy onboard tool storage keeps tools right at hand for immediate use
- 1- Fabric upholstery brush
- 1 – Lint brush
- 1 – Crease attachment
- 1 – Curtain extension
- Cloth-covered hose is a nice touch
- Sturdy construction
- Long steam time and powerful steam flow
- Easy to use
Low steam setting may be too hot for delicate fabrics
- Reports of water leaks from the tank
- May leave above average amount of water spots
Jiffy Steamer makes some of the most highly regarded commercial garment steamers on the market and even though the Jiffy Steamer J-2000 Personal Series Garment Steamer clothing steamer is from their personal series, it is still better built and will outperform many other commercial clothing steamers. Jiffy Steamer is the acknowledged worldwide leader in steam technology. It is the world’s oldest and largest steam technology manufacturer and the inventor of the steamer and the steaming process. The J-2000 has the durability, features, and power to handle your toughest steaming tasks. The Jiffy Steamer J-2000 is a great steamer for all your steaming tasks.
- 1300 watt solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only) for a powerful, deep penetrating steam flow and fast steam build-up
- This 1,300-watt steamer shoots high-velocity steam jets out of a 6-inch-wide head to smooth any fabric from sheer silk to thick wool
- High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
- Can handle a wide variety of steaming needs including garments, drapes, and upholstery quicker and easier than an iron
- The J-2000 won’t shine or scorch your expensive fabrics like an iron can
- Popular with fashion designers and entertainer wardrobe experts alike, steamers are gentle on fabrics and quicker than irons particularly for touch-ups
- Enjoy a full 90 minutes of steam time for each fill-up of the removable clear plastic water tank
- A six-inch wide plastic steam head ensures fast and efficient steaming
- A quick steam build-up time of only about a minute ensure you will get going quickly
- Garments and drapes can be pressed where they hang, including closets
- Handy included sturdy aluminum rod has a holder for the wand and can be used to hang garments from its top loop for convenient steaming anywhere
- The J-2000 is the ideal steamer for home or light commercial use. These steamers offer a variety of applications including removing wrinkles in clothing, removing wallpaper, steaming bedding and table linens
- It comes with a clear plastic 3/4 gallon water caddy with a no-drip check valve system that fits securely into the base of the steamer
- Indicative of the steamer’s quality is the brass fitting attaching the hose to the tank. (A wrench to tighten the fitting is included, and the wrench even has magnets for storage on the base.)
- A brass heating element ensures long life
- Now that’s attention to detail from a leading manufacturer of garment steamers
- Each Jiffy steamer is handcrafted in Jiffy’s Union City, Tennessee factory. Made In America!
- A full 3-year warranty on defects in materials and workmanship
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- A compact steamer base -17 (64 with extendable garment hanger) x 10 x 15 inches makes for easy, out-of-the-way storage in a closet, a corner, or behind a door
- Sturdy, easy-roll, swivel casters allow you to move the steamer easily to any steaming location
- Lightweight 16.8 lbs makes this Jiffy Steamer easy to handle
- A lightweight plastic steam head contributes to this very mobile steamer
- Jiffy Steamers feature an automatic safety shutoff if the steamer runs dry
- You will appreciate the stay-cool wand handle that discourages burns
- A heavy-duty, 3-Pronged safety Grounded Cord Set reduces fire hazards
- A handy on/off switch allows you to make sure the unit is off when you’re not using it even if plugged in
- A long 5.5 ft flexible hose gives you plenty of room to work
- Durable construction and high-quality materials
- Easy to use and compact to store
- Quick steam build-up and long steam duration
- Some complaints of top-heaviness with clothing on the hook
- No extendable hanger for clothes
- Some complaints that hot hose and metal head make it easy to get burned
- Some complaints of hot water leaking from the head
The Jiffy Steamer J-4000I-1330 Pro-Line Multi-Purpose Steamer is at the top of our list and is a leader in the industry. It’s powerful, durable, and designed for hard commercial use. It comes with a heavy-duty die cast aluminum outer housing, a stainless steel inner chamber, and a 1500 watt Incoloy heating element. Everything about this top-of-the-line Jiffy Steamer unit points to its quality and durability.
- Powerful 1500 watt heating element is made from Incoloy, a superalloy formulated for its resistance to corrosion
- Die-cast aluminum housing will last for years of commercial use
- Stainless steel internal steam chamber means long life without worrying about the chamber’s durability
- Easy-to-read water level site gauge is built-in to the outer housing to keep you informed
- Convenient preheat and steam settings provide steam on demands
- A 15 minute time to preheat temperature and 2-minute steam build-up are long but reasonable due to the large reservoir and long continuous steam time of 2 hours
- Average length 5.5-foot garment steam hose
- Durable metal steam head with wooden handle
- Large 1-gallon self-contained water reservoir with sight gauge for water level and sediment build-up
- 3-Year limited manufacturers warranty
- Made in the USA
- 1- 7.5-foot flexible drapery hose
- 1 – 9-inch bent aluminum pipe head attachment
- 1 – B brush steam cleaning head
- 1 – 6-inch wide metal steam head
- 1 – 12-inch carpet steam head
- Very durable construction
- Made In USA
- Very powerful steam flow
- Several useful accessories
- Takes a long time to build-up steam
- 5-1/2 foot steam hose is too short
Commercial Garment Steamers
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our list? Which commercial garment steamer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you in choosing one of the best commercial garment steamers for your needs!