A Fabric steamer provides many benefits over irons that have increased fabric steamer popularity in the past few years. Irons are heavy, difficult to use properly, require an ironing board to use and can damage your delicate fabrics by burning them or leaving a shine on them.
A Fabric steamer comes in a variety of styles for travel or home use. They replace the need for ironing while traveling and do a better job of removing wrinkles quickly and safely at home.
You have the flexibility to use a fabrics steamer to remove wrinkles from a variety of fabrics from denim to delicate blouses without fear of damaging them.
Interested in seeing other capable home garment steamers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- SALAV Garment Steamer: Amazing New SALAV Home Clothes Steamer
- Steamfast Upright Garment Steamer: Steamfast’s Best Home Steamer
- Steamfast Steamer: Great Back-to-College Garment Steamer
- Steamfast SF-510 Clothes Steamer: Best Rated Home Steamer
- Garment Steamers: Best New Full Size Home Garment Steamer
- Commercial Garment Steamers: Top 5 Heavy-Duty Clothes Steamers
- Clothing Steamers: Best New Home Garment Steamer
- Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer: Best Value Home Garment Steamer
- Steamers For Clothes: Hottest New Heavy-Duty Garment Steamer
- Clothing Steamer: Top 5 Heavy-Duty Home Clothing Steamers
Popular with fashion designers and entertainer wardrobe experts alike, a clothes steamer is gentle on fabrics and quicker than an iron, particularly for touch-ups.
If you’re looking for a garment steamer and you’re confused by all the different types and specifications, this article will help you with your selection.
We searched small appliance forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highest rated fabric steamers.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these capable garment steamers is the best garment steamer for your needs!
With professional quality that you can use at home, the Rowenta IS9200 Precision Valet Commercial Garment Steamer features 1550W of power for fast steam generation and a powerful steam flow. Rowenta is probably better known for its innovative commercial irons, but now you can get this trusted brand of garment steamer in your home. This steamer for clothes is a popular model because of its convenience touches like variable steam control and automatic system shutoff. The clear water tank makes it easy to see when a refill is necessary and is large enough to provide a full 2.5 hours of continuous steam between refills.
Fabric Steamer: Features
- 1550-watt commercial-grade garment steamer with a powerful, continuous, high-output steam flow
- A wide diffusion steam head makes quick and efficient work of any steam task
- Adjust the steam power to your task using the handy variable steam control
- Relatively quick 60-second steam build-up time
- Suitcase-inspired tilt and roll feature enables compact storage and easy transport from room to room or level to level
- A lighted, foot-operated on/off switch and retractable power cord make operation comfortable and convenient without the back-breaking need for bending over
- Adjustable pole extends for comfortable steaming or retracts for compact storage and comes with a built-in hanger
- On-board tool storage keeps tools right at hand for easy access
- Soft-touch, stay-cool handle and cloth-covered steam hose reduce risk of burning
- Automatic system shut-off if tank runs dry
- Handy clear water reservoir on this fabric steamer holds 1-gallon of water, enough for a full 2.5 hours of continuous steam
- 1- Fabric upholstery brush
- 1 – Lint brush
- 1 – Crease attachment
- 1 – Curtain extension
- Cloth-covered hose is a nice touch
- Sturdy construction
- Long steam time and powerful steam flow
- Easy to use
Low steam setting may be too hot for delicate fabrics
- Reports of water leaks from tank
- May leave above average amount of water spots
With 90 minutes of continuous steam and the flexibility to remove wrinkles from even the most difficult fabrics, the SINGER SteamWorks Pro 1500 Watt Garment & Clothes Steamer is the perfect addition to your fabric care regimen. Use it to de-wrinkle and freshen fabrics, clothing, upholstery, and curtains from silk to wool without fear of damaging them.
- Powerful, 1500-watt fabric steamer with 90 minutes of continuous steam and a fast 45 second steam generation time
- 360-degree, collapsible, rotating hanger and adjustable telescopic pole make this clothes steamer easy to use and easy to store
- 2.5-liter removable water tank is easy to fill and drain
- Premium, insulated and fabric covered 60-inch steam hose protects against hot steam
- Long 94-inch power cord
- Smart Auto Off switches off the unit when the water tank is empty
- Dual Clip System allows you to professionally press and crease pants
- Weighs 11 lbs. empty
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Crease clip
- 1 – Fabric brush
- 1 – Handheld steaming board (for shirt pockets)
- 1 – Protective glove
- Easy to use
- Handy accessories
- Good steam flow
- Some complaints that the stand is flimsy
- Several reports of spitting water
- Caster don’t lock in place
- Hose is very stiff and unwieldy
The Conair Compact Upright Fabric Steamer removes wrinkles from hanging garments, upholstery, curtains, slipcovers, and more without the risk of scorching, burning, or shining. With 1600W of power, it heats water quickly and delivers a powerful, continuous steam flow. Large rear wheels make this Conair steamer easy to transport from room to room or level to level. Convenience features include a foot-activated power switch, cool touch nozzle, a collapsible pole, and compact, easy-to-store design. You will be able to use the power of steam to freshen clothing, linens, and curtains, as well as remove odors and kill dust mites and bedbugs. Get professional results without having to spend money on a professional dry cleaner.
- Powerful 1600W fabric steamer delivers a powerful steam flow and has a fast steam generation time of only 50 seconds
- Removable, easy-fill, 55-ounce water reservoir delivers 60 minutes of professional, continuous steam
- Large, stable rear wheels make this unit highly portable whether moving it from room to room or from level to level
- Convenient, comfortable foot-activated power switch
- Easy-to-handle cool-touch nozzle and hose
- Three-piece collapsible pole is convenient for hanging garments
- Compact easy-to-store design takes up very little floor space
- Doubles as a lint remover that removes lint, fuzz, pet hair, and more
- 5-foot cloth-covered hose and cool-touch T-nozzle protect user from hot steam
- Cord-wrap feature makes storage easier
- Dimensions are 12W x 20D x 64H inches extended
- 1 – Year limited warranty
- 1 – Lint brush
- Fast steam generation
- Long steam duration
- Easy to use and refill
- Some complaints that it tips over too easily
- Some reports that it spits water
- Bulky to store
Steamfast’s goal is to deliver high-performance products at a price that is accessible to most buyers. Their Steamfast SF-510 Everyday Garment Steamer has been meeting their goal for years. With its colorful design, long features list, and value price, this fabric steamer is a great choice for everyday steaming of clothes and other fabrics. Its 1500 watts of power is more than some commercial steamers and delivers a powerful steam flow along with a quick time-to-steam that will help you power through tough wrinkles even in denim. Continuous-Fill design requires no cool-down or steam interruption for refilling.
- 1500-watt fabric steamer gives you a powerful steam flow to de-wrinkle the toughest fabrics including denim
- Fast time-to-steam of only 45 seconds enables quick touchups and a long steam duration of 50 minutes reduces the need to refill during steaming tasks
- Designed to handle tougher fabrics like drapes, upholstery, and denim while also being gentle on your most delicate fabrics
- Nice sized, easy-to-fill, removable 46 oz. water reservoir gives you plenty of steam for the most demanding steaming tasks
- Continuous-fill design allows you to remove the reservoir and refill it at any time during steaming with no cool-down or steam interruption required
- Flexible, controllable hose is insulated for comfort and keeps you cool and comfortable while steaming
- Telescopic and removable garment hanger pole makes steaming garments easier and is easier to store in tight places.
- Large, smooth-rolling casters on the back provide quick and easy portability and maneuverability.
- Medium-length 6-foot cord will probably require an extension for better usability
- Handy power cord management system doubles as onboard storage for the accessories
- Dimensions are 63H x 11W x 11.5D inches with pole extended and it weighs 10.8 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Fabric brush
- 1 – Heavy duty collapsible hanger
- 1 – Press pad
- Easy to assemble
- Great value
- Super-fast steam build-up
- Very portable
- Stiff hose
- Hose and power cord too short
- Hanger folds too easily while steaming
- Can leave wet spots while steaming
The Rowenta IS6300 1550W Master Valet Full Size Garment Steamer quickly removes wrinkles from any type of fabric and is perfect for steaming hanging garments, upholstery, curtains, slipcovers, and more. Its powerful steam action also works well for sanitizing, killing germs, reducing dust mites, and eliminating smoke and other odors from fabrics and various home furnishings. This Rowenta steamer features a unique Roll and Press vertical support that offers a convenient flat surface for garments to press against, helping to hold them in place, hands-free, while steaming. Its large steam head with wide diffusion design directs a high-volume of powerful steam for fast and efficient results. With one hour of steam duration and plenty of convenience features, this steamer for clothes will soon become an integral part of your fabric care routine.
- Powerful 1550-watt garment steamer with large reservoir, wide steam head delivers plenty of continuous steam for all your steaming tasks
- Extra-large 81-ounce transparent water tank allows for checking water levels at a glance, uses regular tap water, and produces up to an hour of continuous steam
- Roll and Press vertical support holds garments flat and in place for hands-free steaming
- Large built-in hanger, rotating garment clips, and a hanger hook to use your own hangers
- Large steam head emits high-volume powerful steam with a wide diffusion for fast, efficient results
- Large back wheels, and a suitcase-style tilt-and-roll configuration for simple transport from room to room or level to level
- Telescopic aluminum pole offers adjustable height for comfortable steaming and pushes down for compact storage when not in use
- Stay cool handle and flexible fabric hose protect you from hot steam
- Foot-operated, lighted on/off pedal switch
- 1 – Fabric brush
- 1 – Lint pad
- 1 – Steam bonnet (for delicates)
NOTE: There is a newer model of this Rowenta fabric steamer called the Rowenta IS9100 Precision Valet Commercial Full Size Garment Steamer.
- Fast steaming and easy to use
- Plenty of steam
- Heats up quickly
- Clip-on brush comes loose too easily
- Bulky to store
The Steamfast SF-407 features 1500 watts of power for quick steam production and a powerful steam flow that will de-wrinkle and deodorize the toughest fabrics. The large reservoir, easy-roll casters, and handy accessories make this fabric steamer a great companion for all your fabric steaming tasks. Removable, easy-to-fill water tank delivers a full 45 minutes of continuous steam so you can tackle large steaming tasks without refilling. Lightweight and easy transportable design makes moving from room to room or level to level or storage easy.
- The Steamfast SF-407 fabric steamer has 1500 watts of power for a fast time-to-steam of 45 seconds for quick touch-ups and a powerful steam flow that will power through tough wrinkles and creases.
- The removable, easy-to-fill reservoir holds 40 oz. of water for a long steam duration of 45 minutes. Tackle numerous garments or large-sized drapes and curtains without refilling
- Four easy-roll casters make moving it around the house a breeze
- 6-foot power cord will probably require an extension to steam where it’s most convenient to you
- Detachable, telescoping clothes hanger adjusts to a variety of heights for convenient steaming while you’re using it and compact storage when you’re not
- Dimensions are 12-3/5 x 8 x 12 inches retracted
- 1-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Fabric brush
- 1 – Press pad
- 1 – Telescopic pole
- 1 – Clothes hook
- Fast steam build-up
- Compact storage
- Easy to use
- Handy removable tank
- Extendable pole should be longer
- Hose gets very hot
- Hose too short
- Difficult to refill reservoir
Jiffy Steamer makes some of the most highly regarded commercial garment steamers on the market and even though the Jiffy Steamer J-2000 Personal Series Garment Steamer clothing steamer is from their personal series, it is still better built and will outperform many other commercial clothing steamers. Jiffy Steamer is the acknowledged worldwide leader in steam technology. It is the world’s oldest and largest steam technology manufacturer and the inventor of the steamer and the steaming process. Each J-2000 Jiffy Steamer is handcrafted in their Union City, Tennessee factory. The J-2000 has the durability, features, and power to handle your toughest steaming tasks. The Jiffy Steamer J-2000 won’t shine or scorch your fabrics and is perfect for all fabrics from sheer silk to thick wool. It is the perfect home steamer for a variety of uses including removing wrinkles from clothing, drapes, and upholstery or removing wallpaper, and steaming bedding and table linens. One of the most capable fabric steamers, it can press garments or drapes where they hang including closets.
- 1,300-watt personal fabric steamer delivers a powerful, deep penetrating, high-velocity steam flow through a six-inch wide head
- Durable, long-lasting, solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only) for a powerful, deep penetrating steam flow and a fast steam build-up time of about two minutes
- High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
- Enjoy a full 90 minutes of steam time for each fill-up of the removable clear plastic water tank
- Handy included sturdy aluminum rod has a holder for the wand and can be used to hang garments from its top loop for convenient steaming anywhere
- It comes with a clear plastic ¾-gallon water caddy with a no-drip check valve system that fits securely into the base of the steamer
- Durable, corrosion-resistant, high-quality brass fitting connects the hose to the tank
- Includes a wrench to tighten the connection fitting with magnets for storage on the base
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Compact steamer base is only 17-inches high accommodates quick, easy, out-of-the-way storage in a closet, a corner, or behind a door
- Sturdy, easy-roll, swivel casters allow you to move the steamer easily to any steaming location
- Jiffy Steamers feature an automatic safety shutoff if the steamer runs dry
- You will appreciate the stay-cool wand handle that prevents burns
- A heavy-duty, 3-Pronged safety-grounded cord set reduces fire hazards
- A handy on/off switch allows you to make sure the unit is off when you’re not using it even if plugged in
- A long 5.5 ft. flexible hose give you plenty of room to work
- Made in USA
- Extended dimensions are 64H x 10W x 15D inches and it weighs 16.8 lbs.
- 3-Year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
- Durable construction and high-quality materials
- Easy to use and compact to store
- Quick steam build-up and long steam duration
- Some complaints of top-heaviness with clothing on the hook
- No extendable hanger for clothes
- Some complaints that hot hose and metal head make it easy to get burned
- Some complaints of hot water leaking from the head
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Please share if you think others will benefit!
What do you think of these top-rated fabric steamers? Which clothes steamer will you choose? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Fabric steamers make quick work of wrinkles in all types of fabrics without the risk of burning, scorching, or shining. They’re easier and faster to use giving you the capability to remove wrinkles from garments and drapes alike wear they hang. I hope this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose one of the best fabric steamer for your needs!