Probably the biggest complaint we see about the typical hand held clothes steamer is a lack of power. When users talk about hand held clothes steamer power, they mean the force of the steam coming out of the steam head.
Why is power important to a hand held clothes steamer? The greater the steam force, the faster and better wrinkles can be removed from garments and fabrics.
The primary contributor to a garment steamer’s steam output is its wattage. The more wattage a clothing steamer has, the more steam it can generate in a shorter period of time. Garment steamers with more wattage are also able to heat the water reservoir faster producing steam faster than clothes steamers with less wattage.
Looking for other hand held clothing steamer choices? Be sure and see our articles about some of the best:
- Travel Clothes Steamer: One Ultra-Portable Garment Steamer
- Hand Steamer: Top Rated Handheld Garment Steamer
- Shark Garment Steamers: Shark GS500 Press and Refresh
- Fabric Steamer: Top 7 Most Popular Garment Steamers
- Jiffy Steamer: 2 Best Garment Steamers – Home-Travel
- My Little Steamer: 6 Big Deluxe Steamer Features
Of course everything comes with a tradeoff. Higher wattage and a more powerful steam flow, means that the reservoir will be emptied faster and you will get a shorter steam duration. Many are willing to live with a shorter steam duration just to get the power to remove stubborn wrinkles that other clothing steamers can’t.
A powerful hand held steamer for clothes is available that has the power and features that many look for. It’s from Rowenta, one of the most respected manufacturers in the steam iron and steamer segment.
Take a look at this powerful, portable garment steamer and see if it is the best clothes steamer for your needs!
Rowenta DR8080 X-Cel Steam Handheld Garment and Fabric Steamer
Billed as the most powerful handheld clothes steamer on the market, the best way to characterize the Rowenta DR8080 X-Cel Steam Handheld Garment and Fabric Steamer is fast and powerful. When you’re in a hurry in the morning you don’t want to wait for your iron or steamer to heat up or work too hard to remove tough wrinkles from your garments. That’s where the power of the DR8080 Rowenta garment steamer comes in. It has a superfast time-to-steam of only 45 seconds and the power of a full-size clothing steamer in a compact and portable garment steamer. This may be the best garment steamer that you can carry with you out there. Here’s what you need to know about this Rowenta steamer.
- 1500 watts of power with steam trigger for constant steam and steam burst options
- Fast time-to-steam of only 45 seconds
- Extra-large Micro Metal steam head with even steam distribution ports and stainless steel sole plate
- Removable 6.76 oz. water reservoir provide 10 minutes of steam time
Easy to store with a stable base and handy, built-in chair hanger
- Auto shut-off safety feature
- Ergonomic comfort handle design
- Long 9.84 ft. power cord provides flexibility in where you use the steamer
- Ready-to-steam indicator light
- Lightweight at only 2.2 lbs.
- 1-year limited warranty
- 1 – Tough-wrinkle fabric brush
- 1 – Lint pad
- 1 – Steam bonnet to protect delicates
Hand Held Clothes Steamer
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this powerful clothes steamer? Which portable garment steamer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com article! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best hand held clothes steamer for your needs!