Interested in learning about other popular fabric steamers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Portable Garment Steamer: Most Popular Travel Steamer
- Portable Clothes Steamer: Best New Handheld Travel Garment Steamer
- Rowenta Steamer: Top Rated Rowenta Garment Steamer
- Travel Steamer: Top Rated New Travel Garment Steamer
- Steamfast Fabric Steamer: New Medium-Duty All-Natural Garment Steamer
- Professional Garment Steamer: All-New Steamfast Professional Fabric Steamer
- SALAV Garment Steamer: Amazing New SALAV Home Clothes Steamer
- Hand Held Steamer for Clothes: Top 5 Best Rated Travel Garment Steamers
- Steamfast Upright Garment Steamer: Steamfast’s Best Home Steamer
- Steamfast Steamer: Great Back-to-College Garment Steamer
- Hand Held Steamer: Top 7 Best Rated Portable Steam Cleaners
- Hand Held Clothes Steamer: Most Powerful Portable Garment Steamer
- Steamfast SF-510 Fabric Steamer: Best Rated Home Steamer
- Garment Steamers: Best New Full Size Home Garment Steamer
If you have ever put a shine on your favorite shirt/dress/pants or burned a garment when the iron fell over when you weren’t looking or waited what seemed like minutes for the iron to heat up or struggled with pulling out and putting back a bulky ironing board, then you should definitely look at a home steamer like a Jiffy Steamer!
Your clothes are an investment. Don’t you want to apply the safest, gentlest method for removing wrinkles? Unlike ironing, steam actually relaxes the fibers rather than crushing them.
We have done the research and below you will find information on what we consider to be the best two Jiffy Steamers; the Jiffy Steamer J-2000 Residential and the Jiffy Steamer ESTEAM Travel steamer.
1. Jiffy Steamer J-2000 Features and Specifications
There is a reason why home steamers are replacing irons in homes across America and the world. First, powerful, reliable home steamers, like the Jiffy Steamer J-2000 have come down in price over the last few years to where they are affordable for many more households than before. Also, those of us who used to do a lot of ironing at home and switched to a steamer have convinced our friends and relatives that it is the only way to go. Good news travels fast!
Of all the home steamers, the Jiffy Steamer J-2000, part of Jiffy’s Residential Series, seems to have reached about the best price/performance balance that most of us are looking for. Take a look at some of its great features:
Jiffy Steamer: Power
- 1300 watt solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only)
- This 1,300-watt steamer shoots high-velocity steam jets out of a 6-inch-wide head to smooth any fabric from sheer silk to thick wool.
- High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
- Can handle a wide variety of steaming needs including garments, drapes, and upholstery quicker and easier than an iron. The J-2000 won’t shine or scorch your expensive fabrics like an iron can.
- Popular with fashion designers and entertainer wardrobe experts alike, steamers are gentle on fabrics and quicker than irons particularly for touch-ups.
- Enjoy a full 90 minutes of steam time for each fill-up of the removable clear plastic water tank.
- A six inch wide plastic steam head insures the fastest coverage
- A quick steam build-up time of only about a minute insure you will get going quickly
Flexibility and Convenience
- Garments and drapes can be pressed where they hang, including closets
- Handy included sturdy aluminum rod has a holder for the wand and can be used to hang garments from its top loop for convenient steaming anywhere
- The J-2000 is the ideal steamer for home or light commercial use. These steamers offer a variety of applications including removing wrinkles in clothing, removing wallpaper, steaming bedding and table linens.
- It comes with a clear plastic 3/4 gallon water caddy with a no-drip check valve system that fits securely into the base of the steamer
Quality and Dependability
- Indicative of the steamer’s quality is the brass fitting attaching the hose to the tank. (A wrench to tighten the fitting is included, and the wrench even has magnets for storage on the base.)
- A brass heating element ensures long life.
- Now that’s attention to detail from a leading manufacturer of garment steamers
- Each Jiffy steamer is handcrafted in Jiffy’s Union City, Tennessee factory. Made In America!
- A full 3 year warranty on defects in materials and workmanship
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- A compact steamer base -17 (64 with extendable garment hanger) x 10 x 15 inches makes for easy, out-of-the-way storage in a closet, a corner, or behind a door
- Sturdy, easy-roll, swivel casters allow you to move the steamer easily to any steaming location
- Lightweight 16.8 lbs makes this Jiffy Steamer easy to handle
- A lightweight plastic steam head contributes to this very mobile steamer
- Jiffy Steamers feature an automatic safety shutoff if the steamer runs dry
- You will appreciate the stay-cool wand handle that discourages burns
- A heavy-duty, 3-Pronged safety Grounded Cord Set reduces fire hazards
- A handy on/off switch allows you to make sure the unit is off when you’re not using it even if plugged in
- A long 5.5 ft flexible hose give you plenty of room to work
The Jiffy Steamer J-2000 is a great steamer for all your steaming tasks.
2. Jiffy Steamer ESTEAM Features and Specifications
Jiffy has brought much of the power of a home steamer to their best travel steamer; the Jiffy Steamer ESTEAM. Travel steamers have been around for quite awhile and have become more popular as travelers learn the benefits and performance of these highly portable devices.
As a long-time business traveler, I saw first-hand the horrors of depending on hotel irons to take the wrinkles out of my clothes. I experienced everything from sticky stuff on the iron to no iron to irons that never heat up! Don’t even get me started on ironing boards!
All that changed when I got my ESTEAM! It fits easily in my carry-on. It has the performance I need first time, every time. My Jiffy Steamer ESTEAM is always there for me no matter what the iron or ironing board situation. It’s faster for my business shirts and slacks than an iron with no risk of burning or shining the fabric. It’s gentler on my clothing so everything lasts longer with less damage. Just take a look at some of its great features:
- This is a powerful 600 watt steamer that rivals some home steamers in capability, but in a size convenient for travel. Expect a strong steam flow for making quick work of shirts and pants.
- The fast time-to-steam of only about 60 seconds will have you up and running very quickly in the morning
- Its generous 8 ounce reservoir translates to approximately 15 minutes of steam which will cover you in most instances.
Flexibility and Convenience
- A large water fill port makes this Jiffy Steamer easy to fill and it uses regular tap water without salt. That’s nice for making things easier during your busy travel days. You can expect it to be a very hard water-resistant steamer which is important for long steamer life.
- The larger, more comfortable handle insures great maneuverability and balance to help you power through your steaming tasks.
- The extra long 9 foot power cord means that you will be able to setup your steam shop practically anywhere in the hotel room and not be as dependent on your hotel’s poor outlet placement.
- The Jiffy Steamer ESTEAM has the power to handle any job whether on the road, at your office, or at home.
- The ruggedly designed ESTEAM has a high-impact plastic housing to endure the bumps and bruises of your adventures.
- Like the J-2000, this unit is made in the USA with fine attention to detail and comes with a 3 year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
- I have found that although the ESTEAM is tall, it is narrow at 5 x 6.5 x 11 inches and easily slides into just about any suitcase. You will hardly know it’s there until you need it.
- It comes with an essential auto-off feature to prevent the risk of fire from overheating when the water runs out.
- It also features a cool-touch housing to prevent burns during steaming.
- This steamer is available in two colors, black and pink, to satisfy you’re your tastes.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
I would love to get your opinion of this article or hear your clothes steamer story. Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
I hope you are able to see why these two Jiffy Steamers, the Jiffy Steamer J-2000 and the Jiffy Steamer ESTEAM, were easy choices as our best garment steamers.