A McCulloch steam cleaner is a perfect way to remove tough dirt and stains from sealed floor surfaces, countertops, grills, car engines, bathroom tile, and more. When you buy a McCulloch steam cleaner, you know you will have the cleaning power you need to tackle just about any cleaning task.
Why should you choose a canister steamer like a McCulloch steam cleaner for your home?
Steam Instead of Chemicals
Traditionally, household cleaning systems have used chemicals because they are fast and effective in removing a variety of dirt and stains. While they are effective, these chemicals are usually poisonous to people and pets, leave behind a chemical residue, have a foul odor even when masked with scents, and are unsafe for the environment. A heavy duty steam cleaner only needs water to remove dirt, grease, and stains. It converts water to steam which is a safe and effective alternative to chemical cleaners for your kitchen, bath, and more. The heat that the steam generates also loosens dirt more effectively than cold cleaners.
Although it’s not quite as easy to sanitize with a steam cleaner as the commercials would lead you to believe, a heavy duty steam cleaner has the ability to destroy viruses, bacteria, germs, molds, dust mites, and bed bugs using just the natural sanitizing power of steam.
A canister steam cleaner can be easier to use than a smaller handheld model. That’s because a heavy-duty canister steam cleaner can clean more area of countertops and floors faster and, in most cases, more effectively. A canister frees you from having to hold both the steam cleaner and its heavy reservoir of water continuously while cleaning. That saves your wrists and reduces fatigue.
Interested in learning about other heavy duty steam cleaners? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Commercial Steam Cleaner: Powerful Portable High Pressure Dry Vapor Cleaning Performance
- Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner: Top Rated Multi-Purpose Canister Steam Cleaning System
- Hand Held Steamer: Top 7 Best Rated Portable Steam Cleaners
- Portable Steam Cleaner: Top Rated Canister Steam Cleaner
- Hand Held Steam Cleaners: Top 6 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaners
- Best Handheld Steam Cleaner: Tips and Recommendations
- Upholstery Steam Cleaner: Best Portable Stain Remover
- Upholstery Steamer: Best Commercial-Grade Upholstery Steamer
- Reliable Corporation EB250 Enviromate Brio Steam Cleaner
- Steamfast SF-275 Canister Home Steam Cleaner
- Vapamore MR-100 PRIMO Steam Cleaning System
Compared to smaller handheld steam cleaners, a canister steam cleaner has a larger reservoir that translates directly to longer steam duration. That means that you can clean more of your above floor and sealed floor surfaces without having to refill the reservoir.
Many handheld and canister steamers require you to turn off the machine while refilling the reservoir. The resulting cool-down of the steamer delays the process and prolongs your cleaning tasks. A McCulloch steam has a separate reservoir and boiler that allow you to refill the reservoir without cooling down the boiler reducing downtime during cleaning.
The cleaning effectiveness of any steam cleaner depends on its steam flow from the nozzle. A consistent and powerful flow of steam will clean heavily soiled floors and countertops more effectively. A heavy-duty canister steam cleaner will have higher wattage that can generate a higher volume of steam faster resulting in a more powerful steam flow.
Not All Surfaces Are Created Equal
Just like you wouldn’t use the same tool for all your tasks, using one steam pressure to clean all your surfaces could result in damage to more delicate surfaces. Many canister steam cleaners have a variable steam control that allows you to match steam pressure to your cleaning task reducing that risk of damage.
If you can avoid having to replug your steamer during your cleaning task, you will save time. The key to cleaning a large area or a variety of surfaces without replugging is having a long cleaning reach. Cleaning reach is a combination of power cord length plus the steam hose length. The combination of a long power cord with a long steam hose will give you the most cleaning reach.
For a canister steam cleaner, it’s the business end of the steam wand that determines the effectiveness of the cleaning. You should expect your McCulloch steam cleaner to come with specialty cleaning tools including brushes and large area tools.
Steam cleaners of all kinds are subject to corrosion and mineral buildup. Getting a model with a long warranty ensures that if something is wrong with the materials or workmanship of your steam cleaner, you will have support.
We searched cleaning forums, steam cleaner forums, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, social media, retail sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highly rated canister steam cleaner.
Take a look at this powerful, effective canister steam cleaner from McCulloch and see if it’s the best steam cleaner for your needs!
The McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner features 1500 watts of power, a large 48 oz. water reservoir, and variable steam control. Lightweight and compact, you will use this steamer for more tough cleaning tasks than you ever thought possible. Its fast time to steam means you will be tackling tasks faster and its long steam duration means you will be able to clean longer between refills. Designed for the widest variety of cleaning tasks, the McCulloch MC-1275’s hot, powerful steam removes tough stains, grease, and grime from sealed surfaces around your home and garage.
McCulloch Steam Cleaner: Features
- 1500-watt canister steam cleaner
- Fast time to steam of only 8 minutes
- Large 48-oz. water tank delivers a full 45 minutes
- The mop head and microfiber pads make the MC-1257 perfect for use on all sealed flooring surfaces including wood, tile and laminate.
- Tailor steam to your task using the integrated variable steam control switch
- Handy integrated storage compartment keeps 18 accessories within easy reach
- Long 15.7-foot power cord is shorter than many
- Easy-roll casters make the unit easy to maneuver around your home
- A flexible 10-foot steam hose combined with the 15.7-foot power cord gives you a 25.7-foot cleaning reach
- Dimensions are 17.2L x 13.5H x 10.5W inches and it weighs 9.95 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Steam jet nozzle (Focused, powerful steam flow)
- 2 – Extension wands (Floors and above-floor cleaning)
- 1 – Mop head (Hard floor surfaces)
- 2 – Reusable microfiber pads (Remove scuff marks and stains from hard floors)
- 1 – Scrub pad (For tough dirt and scuffs on hard surfaces)
- 1 – Triangle brush (Corners and other hard to reach places)
- 1 – Upholstery/Floor brush
- 5 – Nylon utility brushes (Extra scrubbing power)
- 1 – Brass utility brush (Oven and BBQ grills)
- 1 – Squeegee (Mirrors and windows)
- 1 – Funnel
- 1 – Measuring cup
- 1 – Terry cloth cover (for floor brush)
- Several accessory tools
- Powerful steam delivery
- Heavy-duty construction and materials
- Easy to transport from room to room or level to level
- Some complaints about tool quality and durability
- Some complaints that it doesn’t clean grout lines as well as desired
- No reservoir water level indicator
McCulloch Steam Cleaner
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this McCulloch canister steam cleaner? Which home steamer will you choose? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share with others if you think they will benefit!
A heavy-duty canister steam cleaner allows you to use the power of steam to clean all of the sealed surfaces in your home. We sincerely hope this article has given you valuable information which helps you choose the best McCulloch steam cleaner for your needs!