Removing wrinkles with a steam iron is a fact of life. If you have a lot of wrinkles to remove, you need a professional-grade iron like a Rowenta steam iron. A Rowenta steam iron features innovative design, powerful steam, and outstanding durability as their hallmarks.
Rowenta is a German brand that delivers intelligent product solutions that combine unrivaled technological performance with refined user-friendly, eco-intelligent designs. Faithful to its own values, the Rowenta brand has formed a partnership with the WWF to place eco-design at the forefront of its innovation process. A Rowenta steam iron is the choice of many professionals across industries who need to remove wrinkles from a wide variety of materials.
Why do they choose a Rowenta steam iron?
Abundant, powerful steam makes it easier to remove wrinkles. Rowenta steam irons have a unique steam distribution design that provides power steam across the entire soleplate for better steam penetration and more efficient ironing.
Interested in learning about other powerful wrinkle-removal solutions? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Commercial Steam Iron: Top 7 Professional Ironing Systems
- Steamfast Upright Garment Steamer: Steamfast’s Best Home Steamer
- Steamfast Steamer: Great Back-to-College Garment Steamer
- Clothes Press: Best Value Steam Press Buying Tips
- Hand Held Clothes Steamer: Most Powerful Portable Garment Steamer
- Steamfast SF-510 Fabric Steamer: Best Rated Home Steamer
- Garment Steamers: Best New Full Size Home Garment Steamer
- Commercial Garment Steamers: Top 5 Clothes Steamers
- Steam Press Iron: Top 5 Garment Steam Presses
- Clothing Steamers: Best New Home Garment Steamer
- Steamers For Clothes: Hottest New Heavy-Duty Garment Steamer
Even Heat Distribution
Accurate, consistent, and even heat distribution without hot spots is important to safe and effective wrinkle removal. Rowenta’s soleplate design features a thick central core of aluminum that provides quick and even heat distribution across the entire soleplate.
Rowenta iron soleplates are made from the highest quality stainless steel to allow for smooth gliding across all fabrics that reduces the risk of sticking and makes ironing much easier.
Resistance to Calcium Buildup
An enemy of irons is hard water buildup. Heating elements in most irons are prone to mineral buildup from the minerals in untreated tap water that can render the clothes iron useless after only a short period of time. Mineral buildup can also cause spitting and leaking that can ruin fabrics. Those irons need to use distilled water to prevent the buildup and extend their lives.
A Rowenta steam iron is specially designed to use untreated tap water without the risk of mineral buildup that can cause premature failure, spitting, or leaking.
We searched small appliance forums, social media, customer review sites, manufacturer sites, consumer research sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated Rowenta steam irons.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these Rowenta steam irons is the best steam iron for your needs!
One of Rowenta’s newer steam iron designs, the Rowenta DZ5080 Focus Stainless-Steel 1700-Watt Iron takes advantage of a completely new construction technique that gives it a 400 microsteam hole Microsteam soleplate to deliver the best ever steam and heat distribution from the tip of the soleplate to the rounded rear. The Rowenta steam iron soleplate is also made from high-quality stainless steel attached to a heavy aluminum core in a unique way that provides an ultra-smooth, anti-snag surface, and thin edge to iron closer to buttons and seams. Its pressurized steam and accurate electronic temperature control allow you to tailor light steam to delicate fabrics or deliver powerful steam for deep penetration of fabrics with tougher wrinkles. Here’s what you need to know about his new design Rowenta steam iron.
Rowenta Steam Iron: Features
- Powerful 1700-watt steam iron with stainless-steel nonstick soleplate
- Microsteam soleplate has more than 400 microsteam holes from tip to rear that deliver better steam and heat distribution for more effective wrinkle removal
- High-quality stainless steel soleplate is attached to the heavy aluminum core in a unique way that provides an ultra-smooth surface with a thin edge that can iron up to buttons, seams and delicate fabrics without snagging.
- An electronic temperature control combines sensitive electronic sensors and controls with LED lights and a precision dial in an easy-to use-system that provides consistent temperature
- Its Steam Advance system uses delicate steam on delicate fabrics that require gentle care and high pressure steam for thicker fabrics and tough wrinkles
- Pressurized burst, variable, and vertical steam ensures a deep penetration into the fabric to relax the fibers and let wrinkles be pressed out easier
- An automatic pause between bursts of steam allows the heat of the iron to remove the remaining steam and set the press
- A high-precision tip allows for easy ironing in all tough to reach areas like around seams, collars, pockets, and buttons
- Large 10-oz. water reservoir provides a long steam duration
- Self-cleaning system
- 3-way auto shutoff for safety
- Dimensions are 10-1/2 x 3-1/2 x 5 inches
- 1-Year limited warranty
An energy-saving iron from Rowenta, the Rowenta DW6080 Eco-Intelligence 1700-Watt Energy Saving Steam Iron saves 25% more energy when compared to standard irons while delivering professional results. Its innovative Eco Steam system offers three settings including dry for a perfect finish without steam, Eco for superior steam pressure while saving energy, and Boost for added steam to tackle thicker fabrics or tough wrinkles. Its cratch-resistant, stainless-steel soleplate features over 400 micro holes and a patented 3De steam concentrating design for thorough steam distribution and reduced steam loss that also translates into less energy use. Its unique rounded back end soleplate allows it to glide effortlessly across all fabrics with a smooth back and forth motion without creating creases, while the pointed front end makes easy work of getting into tight spots like pleats or in between buttons. Here’s what you need to know about this Eco-Intelligence Rowenta steam iron.
- 1700-watt, 400 microsteam hole, energy saving steam iron that uses an Eco Intelligence Steam System to save 25% more energy than comparable standard irons while delivering professional results
- Scratch-resistant, stainless-steel soleplate features over 400 micro holes and a patented 3De steam concentrating design for thorough steam distribution and reduced steam loss that translates into less energy use
- Its Eco Intelligence Steam System uses three settings including dry for perfect finishing without steam, Eco for superior steam pressure while saving energy, and Boost for added steam to tackle thicker fabrics and tough wrinkles
- An ergonomic rotary trigger makes activating the Eco Steam settings comfortable for both left- and right-handed users
- Manually adjustable steam output
- Unique rounded back end of the iron’s soleplate allows it to glide effortlessly across all fabrics with a smooth back and forth motion without creating creases, while the pointed front end makes easy work of getting into tight spots like pleats or in between buttons
- Versatile design with variable and burst steam (180 g/min) can also be used in the upright position for vertically steaming anything from hanging garments to drapes or slip covers
- Anti-drip system helps prevent spitting or leaking at low heat settings
- Self-cleaning system flushes out loose mineral deposits for long-lasting performance
- Three-way automatic shut-off turns off the iron automatically if left unused after 8 minutes in the upright position or after 30 seconds in the horizontal position or tipped over
- Sharp precision tip reaches difficult areas like collars, seams and around buttons
- Built-in Anti-Calc system removes impurities and collects scale in the boiler preventing calcium buildup, maintaining performance, and ensuring long life
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle provides comfort while ironing and reduces hand fatigue
- Integrated Cool Spray Mist function provides a light mist to remove stubborn wrinkles
- Long 7-foot power cord has a convenient built-in 360-degrees pivot point
- Large 10 oz. water tank provides a long steam duration
Designed for fashion designers and DIY crafters alike, the German-made Rowenta DW5197 Official Partner of Fashion Focus Steam 1725-Watt Micro Steam Iron delivers fabric-pressing and wrinkle-removing power from first idea to final runway walk in a sleek, stylish purple package that is in keeping with their creative vision. Its continuous steam design removes the automatic shut-off feature of most irons so that it can perform longer duration stationary tasks like applying appliques, embossing, or heat sealing a hem without the iron shutting off mid-task. Its patented, snag-resistant, smooth, stainless steel soleplate, has 400 steam holes for even heat and steam distribution and more efficient wrinkle removal while its pointed stainless-steel precision tip makes easy work of getting into pleats, along seams, and between buttons. Here’s what you need to know about this Official Partner of Fashion Rowenta steam iron.
- Powerful, stylish, purple 1725-watt continuous steam fashion-oriented steam iron
- No automatic shut-off means it can perform longer duration stationary tasks like applying appliques, embossing, or heat sealing a hem without the iron shutting off mid-task
- Patented, snag-resistant, smooth, stainless steel soleplate, has 400 steam holes for even heat and steam distribution and more efficient wrinkle removal
- Its pointed stainless-steel precision tip makes easy work of getting into pleats, along seams, and between buttons
- Uses regular tap water
- Simple ergonomic thermostat knob, which comes with clearly marked low to high heat settings with options for silk, wool, cotton, and linen
- Automatic steam output function adjusts steam to match the soleplate temperature
- Burst-of-Steam function (180g/min) helps remove extra-tough wrinkles and vertical-steam capability accommodates hanging garments
- Self-cleaning Anti-Calc system prevents calcium build up, removes impurities for clean steam and long-lasting performance, and allows you to use regular tap water instead of distilled water
- Anti-drip feature allows for low-temperature ironing of delicate fabrics without the risk of spitting or leaking
- Clear water reservoir has graduated lines for easy-to-see water level
The Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron delivers professional-quality results at home and features a full metal shield, snag-resistant, highly polished, easy-glide stainless steel soleplate with 400 microsteam holes and a precision tip for efficient wrinkle-removal over collars, along seams, and around buttons. Flexible steam options include adjustable continuous steam output (40g/min) and soleplate temperature that can accommodate a wide range of fabrics from silk to wool, a powerful Burst of Steam function (150g/min) to remove tough wrinkles from thicker fabrics, and a Vertical Steam Button that delivers an extra-long burst of vertical steam, perfect for removing wrinkles from hanging garments, delicate items, or drapes Here’s what you need to know about this Rowenta Pro Master Iron.
- 1700-watt 400 microsteam hole professional-grade steam iron
- Snag-resistant, highly polished, easy-glide stainless steel soleplate has 400 microsteam holes for even heat and steam distribution, a rounded back end for easier back and forth motion, and a precision tip for efficient wrinkle-removal over collars, along seams, and around buttons
- Adjustable continuous steam output (40g/min) and soleplate temperature can accommodate a wide range of fabrics from silk to wool
- A powerful Burst of Steam function (150g/min) removes tough wrinkles from thicker fabrics
- Vertical Steam Button delivers an extra-long burst of vertical steam, perfect for removing wrinkles from hanging garments, delicate items, or drapes
- An anti-drip system prevents spitting or leaking at low heat settings
- Integrated self-cleaning Anti-Calc System flushes out loose mineral deposits for long-lasting optimal performance
- Three-way automatic shut-off turns the iron off if left unused after 8 minutes in the upright position, after 30 seconds in the horizontal position, or if tipped over.
- Comfortable, ergonomic grip increases user comfort and reduces fatigue
- Full metal shield
- Long 7-foot power cord has a convenient integrated 360-degree pivot point
- Extra-large 12.7 oz. water reservoir accepts regular tap water and produces a longer steam duration
- 1-Year limited warranty
The very popular, capable, value-oriented Rowenta DW5080 Focus 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron features a smooth-gliding stainless steel soleplate with 400 microsteam holes for even heat and steam distribution that removes winkles more efficiently without hot spots. Here’s what you need to know about this great value Rowenta steam iron.
- 1700-watt steam iron with 400 microsteam holes
- Patented, smooth-gliding, highly-polished, stainless steel soleplate has 400 microsteam holes that deliver thorough heat and steam distribution for more efficient wrinkle removal without hot spots
- Precision soleplate tip maneuvers easily over collars, along seams, and around buttons
- Work with tap water
- Simple-to-use thermostat knob has clearly marked low to high heat settings with options for nylon, silk, wool, cotton, and linen
- Auto-Steam function adjusts steam output automatically to match the soleplate temperature and can be turned off for dry ironing
- Variable steam is adjustable to your task while a Burst of Steam function (100 gram/min) removes tough wrinkles in thicker fabrics and provides vertical steam capability for drapes and hanging garments
- Anti-Drip functionality prevents spitting and leaking onto delicate fabrics when the iron is on a low temperature
- Three-way smart Automatic Shutoff turns the iron off automatically after 8 minutes if left unused in the upright position, after 30 seconds if left in the horizontal position, or tipped over.
- Anti-Calc System prevents impurities for clean steam and a self-clean system flushes out loose mineral deposits for optimal performance even with straight tap water
- Clear water reservoir has graduated lines for precise water level indication
- Ergonomic thermostat knob provides a precise reading of settings
- Built-in Anti-Calc system removes impurities, ensuring long-lasting, clean steam.
- Large 10-oz. water tank provides a long steam duration
Rowenta Steam Iron Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these Rowenta steam irons? Which steam iron are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com Rowenta Steam Iron article! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right Rowenta steam iron for your needs!