People buy a Rowenta steamer for its durability, power, performance, and reliability. A Rowenta steamer is part of a long history of steam products Rowenta has been producing for over 100 years.
When you buy a Rowenta steamer, you know that the company behind it are steam professionals who know what consumers need in their steam products. You can also count on Rowenta to build-in quality that will endure continuous use for years to come.
What specifications and features should you look for in any garment steamer you are considering?
When discussing power, you are really discussing how many watts a home steamer produces. Watts equals heat to some degree and so home steamers with higher wattages will produce steam more quickly from the steamer’s reservoir of water. Also, more power will produce a more powerful stream slow which translates to the ability to handle wider variety of fabrics and faster performance. Lower wattage devices may not be able to remove all the wrinkles from tougher fabrics like denim.
Interested in seeing other quality home garment steamers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Steamfast Fabric Steamer: New Medium-Duty All-Natural Garment Steamer
- Professional Garment Steamer: All-New Steamfast Professional Fabric Steamer
- SALAV Garment Steamer: Amazing New SALAV Home Clothes Steamer
- Steamfast Upright Garment Steamer: Steamfast’s Best Home Steamer
- Steamfast SF-510 Fabric Steamer: Best Rated Home Steamer
- Garment Steamers: Best New Full Size Home Garment Steamer
- Clothing Steamers: Best New Home Garment Steamer
- Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer: Best Value Home Garment Steamer
- Steamers For Clothes: Hottest New Heavy-Duty Garment Steamer
- Fabric Steamer: Top 7 Most Popular Home Garment Steamers
- Clothing Steamer: Top 5 Heavy-Duty Home Clothing Steamers
- Garment Steamer: Steamfast SF-540 Deluxe Powerful Home Steamer
- Clothes Steamer: Top 4 Home Clothes Steamers
- Steamer For Clothes: Key Specifications and Features
Water reservoir capacity relates to how long you can steam and the number of garments you can steam. The more water, the longer you can steam and the more garments you can steam, everything else being equal. This is because the larger the reservoir, the longer the steam will last. If you want to steam several garments or large fabric areas like drapes and curtains, you will want to consider a larger reservoir.
Steam Production Time
A higher wattage device can typically produce steam quicker than a lower wattage device. This can be important if you are in a hurry or are just an impatient person. So, if “impatient” describes your demeanor, you should choose a steamer with more wattage and a shorter published time to steam. Many popular home steamers can produce steam in less than a minute.
Steam Duration Time
Home steamer wattage and water reservoir size determine the steam duration time. A more powerful steamer with more watts produces a more powerful stream but, it will also use the water in the reservoir faster. If you want faster performance be sure to match the steam duration time with your expectations so that you can complete your tasks in one or two sessions. This may mean larger dimensions to accommodate a larger reservoir.
You don’t expect to take a home steamer in your suitcase on your trip with you. Even so portability around the house is still important. Important portability considerations include dimensions, weight, and portability features. The most common feature of a home steamer that contributes to portability is a set of wheels or casters. If you need to move your home steamer some distance from your storage location (closet) to your steaming location (bedroom), you should make sure your choice has adequate portability features such like wheels.
How easy is it to store the home steamer when you aren’t using it? The good news is that most home steamers are now small enough to be relatively easy to store. If they have a built-in garment hanger you may find that they are taller than you expected but, their bases are usually squat and narrow for the most part. They usually can easily be stored in the corner of a bedroom or closet. Units with collapsible garment hangers are even easier to store. Do you have a place out of the way to store the steamer? Think of that when considering your choice.
Portability aside, you need to consider where you are going to plug in your home steamer. The length of the power cord is important, especially if the availability of outlets in your home is limited. If you need the flexibility, choose a unit with a longer power cord.
Important: You are highly discouraged from using any sort of extension cord with a high power device like a clothes steamer. The risk of fire and burns due to a hot cord or an electrical overload are a real possibility that you want to avoid at all costs.
Most home garment steamers come equipped with either a fixed or collapsible garment hanger. They make a handy alternative to hanging your clothes on a closet door or other hanger somewhere in your house. If this alternative is important to you, make sure you choose a unit with that feature.
Fabric Brush and Accessories
The majority of home clothes steamers come with a set of accessories usually including a fabric brush. The fabric brush is useful in removing lint from your clothes and brushing the fabric of your clothes while steaming.
A longer warranty may be the determining factor in your decision when all other features and specifications are equal. You will find that warranty lengths vary by manufacturer and can be found from 90 days to as high as 5 years. Look for a warranty of a year or more on a home clothes steamer.
Whether you need to remove wrinkles from garments, fabric, curtains, drapes, or upholstery, the Rowenta IS6300 1550W Master Valet Full Size Garment Steamer does the job fast. It features a powerful steam flow that also works well for sanitizing, reducing dust mites, and eliminating smoke and other odors from fabrics and various home furnishings. The Rowenta IS6300 has an innovative and unique Roll and Press vertical support that offers a convenient flat surface to hold garments in place, hands-free, while steaming. Its large steam head with wide diffusion design directs a high-volume of powerful steam over a broad area for fast and efficient results. With one hour of steam duration and plenty of convenience features, this steamer for clothes will soon become an integral part of your fabric care routine.
- Powerful 1550-watt garment steamer with side steam head, Roll and Press, and large reservoir
- Extra-large 81-ounce transparent water tank allows shows you water level at a glance, uses regular tap water, and produces up to an hour of continuous steam
- Rowenta steamer Roll and Press vertical support holds garments flat and in place for hands-free steaming
- Large, wide steam head emits high-volume powerful steam with a wide diffusion for fast, efficient results
- Additional convenience features include a large built-in hanger, rotating garment clips, and a hanger hook to use your own hangers
- Large back wheels, and a suitcase-style tilt-and-roll configuration makes it easy to transport this Rowenta fabric steamer from room to room or level to level
- Telescopic aluminum pole offers adjustable height for comfortable steaming and pushes down for compact storage when not in use
- Stay cool handle and flexible fabric hose protect you from hot steam
- Convenient foot-operated, lighted on/off pedal switch
- 1 – Fabric brush
- 1 – Lint pad
- 1 – Steam bonnet (for delicates)
NOTE: There is a commercial model of this Rowenta fabric steamer called the Rowenta IS9100 Precision Valet Commercial Full Size Garment Steamer.
- Fast steaming and easy to use
- Plenty of steam
- Heats up quickly
- Clip-on brush comes loose too easily
- Bulky to store
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Rowenta garment steamer? Which clothes steamer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A home garment steamer is the fast, easy, and effective way to remove wrinkles from clothing, fabrics, drapes without risk of burning, scorching, or shining. Rowenta is a popular and highly rated brand of both home and professional-grade garment steamers. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right Rowenta steamer for your needs.