Most home carpet cleaners are designed to do an adequate job of cleaning your carpets, but you have pets and that means you need a carpet shampooer that can handle all the messes that your pets create. The design of many carpet cleaning machines makes you think that pet owners don’t have stairs or tight places in their homes that are hard to reach. You do have stairs, upholstery, and tight spots and your carpet shampooer should be able to handle that.
Pet messes don’t always happen in the middle of a carpeted floor. Sometimes they happen on the stairs and sometimes even under the couch or in other tight spots. You need a carpet shampooer that can clean large areas of carpet including pet messes, but also has the ability to easily clean stairs and into tight spots.
You could buy an upright full-sized carpet cleaning machine and a separate portable carpet cleaner for stairs and hard-to-reach places, but that would mean spending more money, finding a place to store both machines, and increasing maintenance requirements and cost. If you could buy one machine that does both functions and is designed for pets, that would be a valuable cleaning tool.
Fortunately, lift-off carpet cleaners exist that are both a full-sized upright carpet shampooer and a lift-away portable carpet spot cleaner in one. They can handle cleaning large areas of carpet, cleaning stairs and tight spots, and spot-cleaning carpets as well.
Only a few of these 2-in-1 carpet washers are designed for cleaning up pet messes. These models use special cleaning solutions and come with pet tools to handle pet messes on carpets and carpeted stairs.
What features should you look for in a 2-in-1 carpet shampooer designed for pets?
Hot water does a better job of loosening tough pet stains and dirt better than cold water, but even if you start with hot water from the faucet, many carpet washers don’t include a heater to maintain the temperature throughout the cleaning cycle. That means that after only a short while, you will be cleaning with lukewarm and not providing the maximum clean that you were at the beginning of the cycle. Look for the best carpet shampooer to have the ability to maintain cleaning water temperature so you’re enjoying the same cleaning effectiveness at the end of the cycle as you did at the beginning.
Want to learn about other capable carpet cleaners? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- BISSELL PowerSteamer PowerBrush: Popular Value BISSELL Deep Carpet Cleaner
- Steam Vac: Top 5 Best Rated Carpet Cleaners
- Best Home Carpet Cleaner: Top Rated Best Cleaning Carpet Washer
- BISSELL Power Steamer: Top Rated Home Carpet Steam Cleaner
- Home Carpet Cleaner: Best 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL Double Tank Carpet Cleaner: Got Pets? No Worries!
- Hoover Steam Vac: New Power Path Carpet Washer
- Rug Cleaner: Best New Home Carpet Washer
- Carpet Steamer: Best Professional Grade Home Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro FH50220 Carpet Deep Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet/Hard Floor Cleaner
- Steam Cleaner Rental: Save Money And Time With Your Own Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover Steam Cleaner: 5 Best Selling Carpet and Floor Cleaners
The key to deep cleaning pet messes is agitation. That means you need power brushes that can agitate the carpet fibers to loosen dirt and grime from pets deep in carpets so that they can be vacuumed away. Steer clear of carpet cleaners that don’t have some sort rotating brushes.
Pet Stain Tools
Look for special tools that help remove pet stains in small areas, stairs, and upholstery. The best tools have manual or powered brushes to provide agitation in those areas. Also available are tools that have pet hair removers that remove more pet hair from upholstery, stairs, and hard-to-reach areas.
We searched forums, customer review sites, social media sites, consumer sites, retail sites, and manufacturer sites to find a popular, highly-rated carpet shampooer that has all our criteria.
Take a look at our choice and see if it’s the best carpet cleaner for your needs!
Why buy separate carpet cleaners that can clean large areas of carpet and stairs when the powerful BISSELL 24A4 DeepClean Lift-Off Deluxe Pet Full-Sized Carpet Cleaner can do both with only one machine? Why settle for a machine that has 2-in-1 capability, but isn’t designed specifically for pet stains and messes when this BISSELL Lift-Off is specifically designed for pet messes? Get a deeply cleaned carpet even on stairs and in tight spots with the lift-off capability of this BISSELL pet model. It’s built-in portable, removable spot cleaner can remove spots and stains wherever they happen. With dual DirtLifter PowerBrushes, Surround Suction drying, special pet stain removal tools, and HeatWave Technology that maintains the best carpet cleaning temperature, you know you’re getting the features and capability to clean and do stain removal on your whole house’s carpet, stairs, and upholstery. Be sure to use BISSELL’s 2X Pet Stain and Odor formula to get the best pet stain cleaning results from your BISSELL carpet cleaner. Here’s what you need to know about this capable rug shampooer.
- Powerful 6.7-amp 2-in-1 large area full-sized upright carpet cleaner with DirtLifter PowerBrushes and lift-away portable stain and spot cleaner
- Removable, portable spot cleaner detaches easily with the push of a button and is perfect for carpet, upholstery, auto carpet, stairs, and low pile carpet
- Dual DirtLifter PowerBrushes have 12 brush rows to clean carpets deep down
- Removable nozzle for easy maintenance and clean-up
- Large-capacity 0.75-gallon tank means fewer trips to the sink for refills
- Surround Suction® helps surfaces dry fast
- 3-inch Tough Stain Tool and 6-inch Pet Stain Eraser Tool are designed specifically for spot cleaning pet stains in small areas, on stairs and on upholstery
- Heatwave Technology® provides constant heat to maintain water temperature throughout each cleaning cycle
- Edge sweep brushes clean better close to baseboards
- Handy carrying handle makes transport easier around your home and between levels
- Wide 12-inch cleaning path makes quick work of large carpeted areas
- Long 22-foot power cord means longer cleaning sessions without replugging
- 3-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Spraying crevice tool
- 1 – 6-inch Pet Stain Eraser Tool
- 1 – 3-inch Tough Stain Tool
- 1 – Trial size BISSELL 2X Formula (8 oz.)
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this 2-in-1 pet carpet shampooer? Which carpet cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for readying our SteamerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right carpet shampooer for your needs!