You’re looking for a Hoover Steam Vac or SteamVac as Hoover refers to them. It’s important that you not only look at a Steam Vac but you consider some of the other top rated carpet washers that may do a better job for you.
There is no doubt that the Hoover Steam Vac brand is one of the best known and highest rated in carpet cleaners over the years, but even Hoover has moved on to some degree to their Power Scrub line which arguably has cleaners that do a better job than their SteamVac models.
Interested in seeing other carpet cleaners? Be sure and see our articles about some of the best:
- Best Home Carpet Cleaner: Top Rated Best Cleaning Carpet Washer
- BISSELL Power Steamer: Top Rated Home Carpet Steam Cleaner
- Home Carpet Cleaner: Best 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner
- BISSELL Double Tank Carpet Cleaner: Got Pets? No Worries!
- Hoover Steam Vac: New Power Path Carpet Washer
- Carpet Steamer: Best Professional Grade Home Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover MaxExtract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner
Our list has some of the top rated carpet cleaners out there, but even though their top-rated and great carpet cleaners you do need to make some compromises in some cases. In the first place, most of these models are expensive. You get what you pay for and that is just a true of carpet washers as anything else. Also, some are professional-grade cleaners and that means they do a great job cleaning, but they may not be pretty and they may be heavy and unwieldy.
Ultimately you have to choose whether you want a model that has style and looks good in your home and are willing to give up some capability to get it. You also need to decide if you want to lug the best cleaner up the stairs or if you are willing to compromise to get a lighter model that is more easily transported.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these top-rated models is the best carpet cleaner for your needs!
There is no doubt that Rug Doctor is a well-known name in carpet cleaners. You may have even rented one to clean your carpets. What you may not have known is that they make a more user-friendly model for home use known as the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner. It’s easy to get caught up in brushes and solution when it comes to carpet washers while forgetting that a powerful vacuum cleaner is an essential part of any cleaner. Carpet cleaners with the best vacuums and suction power do a better job of cleaning. Rug Doctor has set the bar for upright carpet cleaners with more powerful suction that cleans deeper and dries better. Rug Doctor is known for their dependable and long-lasting machines and this model is no exception with its quality material construction and long warranty. Here’s what you need to know about this carpet shampooer.
Steam Vac: Features
- 75% more suction power than comparable uprights for deeper extraction and drier carpets
- Powerful Dual Cross Action oscillating scrubbing brush with double bristles cleans on all sides of carpet fibers provides grooming and polishing in addition to deep cleaning in one pass
- Super Boost provides extra cleaning solution for better cleaning of heavy dirt and high-traffic areas at the turn of a knob
Wide 12-inch suction nozzle makes quick work of carpet cleaning
- Large 11-gallon tank capacity means more cleaning between refills
- Easy-to-use features include easy-fill and empty clear large lid water tank, built-in soap measure cup, and folding handle, Simple Lift clean and dirty water tanks
- Carpet-friendly wheels help maneuverability
- Long 28-foot power cord coupled with a 7.7-foot suction hose reduce the need for switching outlets
- Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) rated Gold
- Weighs 25 lbs.
- 1 – Upholstery tool
- 1 – Removable tool caddy
If you have pets, the BISSELL 17N4 DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner is a great choice. You already know how much damage a pet can do to your carpet thanks to muddy paws and constant shedding. Now you can have a machine designed specifically for your pet-related cleaning problems that powers out pet stains and odors while restoring your carpet from its matted and dingy look. It uses dual-rotating Powerbrushes, a pet hair collection basket, and specialized tools to give you an edge in the fight against pet damage to your carpets. Here’s what you need to know.
- Professional results in an upright pet carpet cleaning system
- Deep cleaning power removes tough pet dirt, stains, and odor
- 12 rows of dual-rotating Powerbrushes
- EdgeSweep brushes cleans tight to baseboards
- Surround Suction power removes more liquid leaving carpets drier
- Pet hair collection basket and specialized tools
- Heatwave Technology maintains constant water temperature throughout cleaning tasks
- 3-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Trial size 2X Pet Stain and Odor formula
- 1 – Pet hair collection basket
- 1 – 3-inch Tough Stain Brush
- 1 – Deep Reach Tool
There is a reason that three of the five cleaners in our list are from BISSELL. BISSELL makes cleaners that provide powerful cleaning capability and great value. The BISSELL 1622 PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner is no exception. This is one of the lightest cleaners in our list and yet it has the cleaning power to remove deep-down grit and stains using only tap water, BISSELL detergent, and its four-row PowerBrush. It’s also highly maneuverable, has a comfortable ergonomic handle, and other user-friendly features. If you’re looking for a lower-priced cleaner that still does the job, this might be your cleaner. Here’s what you need to know.
- Powerful 12-amp, full-size, upright carpet deep cleaner
- Four-row rotating DirtLifter PowerBrush removes deep-down dirt and stains
- Dual-bladder tank design separates clean solution from dirty water
- Highly portable, maneuverable, and lightweight
- Uses hot tap water and BISSELL deep-cleaning detergent
- User-friendly features include a comfortable, ergonomic handle, quick-release cord hooks, lint screen, easy-to-maneuver wheels, built-in measuring cup, and easy-clean removable nozzle
- Long 20-foot power cord means less outlet switching
- 1-Year warranty
- Dimensions are 19D x 11W x 44H inches
- 1 – 8-oz bottle of Fiber Cleaning Formula
- 1 – Dual-purpose Scotchgard-enhanced detergent cleans and prevents future stains
- 1 – Removable nozzle
- 1 – Lint screen
- 1 – Built-in measuring cup
One of the most popular carpet washers available, the Hoover FH50150 Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer removes more dirt than vacuuming alone and has additional features that make it easier to use. With a SpinScrub multiple-brush cleaning system, automatic detergent mixing, separate solution tank, hot air drying, and built-in rinse system, it makes cleaning carpet, upholstery, and stairs fast, easy, and effective. Here’s what you need to know about this Hoover carpet cleaner.
- 360 degree cleaning SpinScrub multiple counter-rotating, fiber-surrounding, removable brush cleaning system
- Dual V Nozzle is wide, efficient and provides edge-to-edge cleaning
- Separate 1-gallon clean water and solution tank along with spill-free, quick-pour dirty water container
- Remove more soap residue using built-in, water-only rinse capability
- Get the perfect cleaning solution every time with automatic detergent mixing
- Get drier carpets thanks to forced-air heated drying
- 4 easy-to-access handles for portability
- 8-foot accessory hose for upholstery and stairs
- Long 20-foot power cord
- Lightweight at only 18.1 lbs.
- 2-Year limited warranty
- Mesh tool storage bag
- 16 oz. Clean Plus 2X Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- SpinScrub powered hand tool
- Stair tool
- Upholstery tool
- Crevice tool
The BISSELL 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine is the best-rated carpet cleaning system available. The reason is that it has the performance usually reserved for commercial machines you might rent for home cleaning. It deep cleans removing even tough pet stains and odors along with ground-in dirt. BISSELL is known for its leadership in the deep cleaner segment thanks to designs that incorporate ease-of-use, performance, and durability. Unlike most carpet cleaners, this model cleans on both forward and backward passes. Here’s what you need to know about this carpet washer.
- Powerful motors
- High quality materials and construction
- Extra-large brush roll with rotating DirtLifter PowerBrushes clean on forward and backward pass
- Professional quality deep cleaning removes tough pet stains, ground-in dirt, and odors while extending the life of carpets
- Large capacity 1.75-gallon clean and dirty water tanks means more cleaning without stopping to refill
- Ergonomically designed comfortable, adjustable tank handle means longer cleaning with less fatigue
- Long 9-foot suction hose and 25-foot power cord allow you to clean longer without switching outlets
- Wide 10.5-inch cleaning path
- Sturdy anti-tip design
- 5-Year limited warranty
- Weighs 40.6 lbs.
- 1 – 6-inch stain tool
- 1 – 24-oz. BISSELL 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these top-rated carpet washers? Which carpet cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that help you buy the best Hoover Steam Vac for your needs!