Keeping your house spotlessly clean is difficult. There are so many things to take care of – right from cleaning the floor to removing cobwebs to tile and grout cleaning. Floor cleaning can appear to be a never-ending task, especially when you have kids or pets who may literally walk over your just-cleaned floor. If you have tiles installed in your house, the cleaning process may be relatively easier for you. Tiles not just lend an aesthetic value to the interior of your house, but are also low maintenance. They are waterproof as well as last long, giving them an edge over hardwood floors and carpets.
However, tile and grout cleaning can never be a simple task, right? So you will have to put in some effort to maintain clean tiles. The biggest problem with tile and grout cleaning is always the grout. We will tell you the best ways to clean grout as well, but let’s first begin with tile cleaning.
Garment steamers are taking over from irons thanks to their ease-of-use, performance, and faster operation. Be sure and see our great fabric steamer articles:
- Steamfast SF-510 Fabric Steamer: Best Rated Home Steamer
- Garment Steamers: Best New Full Size Home Garment Steamer
- Travel Clothes Steamer: One Ultra-Portable Garment Steamer
- Hand Steamer: Top Rated Handheld Garment Steamer
- Shark Garment Steamers: Shark GS500 Press and Refresh
- Commercial Garment Steamers: Top 5 Clothes Steamers
- Clothing Steamers: Best New Home Garment Steamer
- Back To College Clothes Steamer: Best Student Steamers
- Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer
- Steamers For Clothes: Hottest New Heavy-Duty Garment Steamer
- Fabric Steamer: Top 7 Best Selling Fabric Steamers
Need a dedicated steam mop? Be sure and see our reviews of some great steam mops:
- Floor Steam Cleaner: Best Indoor-Outdoor Multi-Surface Steam Mop
- Floor Steamers: Best New Combo Vacuum and Steam Mop
- Best Hardwood Floor Cleaner: Top Steam Mop
- Steam Mop for Laminate Floors: Hit Dirt Hard Without Damage
- BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop
- HAAN SI-25 Swift Sanitizing Pressurized Steam Mop
- Black & Decker BDH1720SM SmartSelect Steam Mop
- Shark MV2010 Vac-Then-Steam Steam Mop and Vacuum
- Shark Lift-Away S3901 Professional Steam Pocket Mop
- Shark S3101 Electric Steam Mop by Euro-Pro
- Shark Floor Steamer: Shark’s New Steam and Spray Mop
- HAAN Steam Mop: Best HAAN Steam Mop
- Shark Steam Mop Reviews: 4 Best Shark Steam Mops
- Steam Mop Reviews: 5 Great Steam Mops Under $100
- Best Steam Mop: Top 5 Steam Mop Floor Cleaners
Is there a ‘best way’ to clean tiles?
Yes, there is, but you may have to dedicate some time to it regularly to ensure that dirt or dust does not build up. Steam cleaning tiles is among the best ways to keep your tiles sparkling and clean. Steam cleaners can be safely used on tiles and are effective in removing dirt from the surface. It also helps in clearing out built-up dirt, making it one of the top ways of cleaning tiles. You must have noticed how the pores of your skin open up when you steam your face during a facial. Steam cleaning works in an identical way on tiles – it loosens the dirt sticking to the surface. To finish the cleaning process, you just have to wipe off the dirt. Some great steam cleaning brands for tile and grout include Steamfast, McCulloch, and Vapamore.
Other Best Ways To Clean Tiles
Another important aspect of tile cleaning is regular vacuuming and sweeping. If you don’t allow dirt to build-up on your tiles, it will stay cleaner for long. It means you may not have to resort to steam cleaning for much longer. Mopping your floor is another simple yet effective way of cleaning tiles. Make it a habit to clean spills or dirt off the floor right away, so they don’t stick to the floor and get difficult to clean. As far as cleaning agents are concerned, oxygen bleach solutions work well on tiles. Just a little scrubbing with a mixture made from warm water and bleach powder and your tiles should be free of any dirt or stains.
You can also try some home remedies to keep your tiles disinfected and clean. Vinegar is an effective natural cleaning agent. Mix warm water (about a gallon) with half a cup of vinegar (white). Use the mixture to mop the tiles in your house. It also works well in reducing odor.
Cleaning The Tough One – Grout
Grout is the problem area for many homeowners when it comes to cleaning. Many times, dirty grout makes otherwise clean floors appear unclean, especially if the tiles are light-colored. Oxygen bleach works equally well on grout too, but you may have to leave the solution (bleach powder and warm water) in the grout joints for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off. However, you may still have to scrub the area. However, with regular use of bleach on grout, you will soon be able to skip on scrubbing, which makes it our top pick for cleaning grout.
Few experts also recommend using a paste of water and baking soda for cleaning grout. However, it is a longer process – you have to let the mixture settle in the grout joints for up to six hours before rinsing it out. Another effective, but tiring method of cleaning grout lines includes the use of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Pour some hydrogen peroxide on the grout and spread it between the entire line. Now add some baking soda over it, make sure that you get a paste-like consistency. Next step involves some effort – you need to rub the mixture well with a brush (a toothbrush would be the best tool to reach the small area). Let the mixture dry and wipe it off to find clean grout!
Similar to tile cleaning, ensure that grout lines are kept free from dirt and dust. It will help avoid dirt build-up and prevent you from spending a lot of time and effort in cleaning grout.
Tile and Grout Cleaning
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Will these tips help you to clean better? If you have your own tips, please share! Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our SteamerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has given you valuable information that helps you with your tile and grout cleaning tasks!