You already know the benefits of using a clothing steamer. It’s faster than an iron and better for your fabrics. It won’t put a “shine” on your good clothes and it’s gentler for delicate fabrics. On the other hand, you need to do a lot of fabrics and clothing.
Interested in learning about other popular fabric steamers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Portable Garment Steamer: Most Popular Travel Steamer
- Portable Clothes Steamer: Best New Handheld Travel Garment Steamer
- Rowenta Steamer: Top Rated Rowenta Garment Steamer
- Travel Steamer: Top Rated New Travel Garment Steamer
- Steamfast Fabric Steamer: New Medium-Duty All-Natural Garment Steamer
- Professional Garment Steamer: All-New Steamfast Professional Fabric Steamer
- SALAV Garment Steamer: Amazing New SALAV Home Clothes Steamer
- Hand Held Steamer for Clothes: Top 5 Best Rated Travel Garment Steamers
- Steamfast Upright Garment Steamer: Steamfast’s Best Home Steamer
- Steamfast Steamer: Great Back-to-College Garment Steamer
- Hand Held Steamer: Top 7 Best Rated Portable Steam Cleaners
- Hand Held Clothes Steamer: Most Powerful Portable Garment Steamer
- Steamfast SF-510 Fabric Steamer: Best Rated Home Steamer
- Garment Steamers: Best New Full Size Home Garment Steamer
You need to press drapes, curtains, bedspreads, jeans, many different clothing fabrics, and other items too numerous to mention. You want to do the job right without harming your fabrics.
That’s where a heavy-duty clothing steamer comes in. It’s tough to tackle all of your pressing jobs yet gentle enough for your delicates. It can handle large jobs without a second thought and it has the power and capacity to keep going long after other steamers would cry “uncle!”
We have taken a look at the heavy-duty versions offered by manufacturers and decided on one that has all the features you need, reasonably priced, and has a proven track record.
Don’t overlook these five when searching for your heavy-duty clothing steamer! We would recommend any one of them:
(Update: Sorry, the SteamFast SF-465 has been retired. Check out our article on the new SF-540 Deluxe Fabric Steamer)
First up is a favorite among homeowners and professionals alike. You can count on the SteamFast SF465 QuickSteam to have great features at a reliable price. Just take a look at these great features:
Clothing Steamer Power
- The SteamFast SF-465 clothing steamer boasts1500 watts of power for a strong steam flow and produces steam in just 60 seconds after plugging in. 1500 watts of power gives you that deep penetrating steam that allows you to make quick work of even the toughest fabrics. Look for SteamFast garment steamers to steam away wrinkles 5 times faster than ironing to help you get through your pressing tasks more quickly and pleasantly.
- The SteamFast QuickSteam is a professional upright steamer that in addition to removing wrinkles, steams out odors and germs from your fabrics. This unit has a larger 1 ½ gallon water tank for over 2 hours of continuous steam without refilling. The fast-fill tank can easily be removed and refilled during steaming for continuous operation.
- The SF-465 easily takes care of wrinkles and odors in hanging garments, upholstery, curtains, slipcovers, bedspreads, and more! Remove harmful allergens like dander and kill dust mites that may threaten your family’s health quickly and easily.
Comfort and Convenience
- An ergonomically designed handle provides added comfort during steaming sessions and its full 60-inch lightweight, flexible, insulated hose provides added convenience
- A sturdy yet lightweight, hanging telescopic pole helps you breeze through steaming and then collapses for easy storage.
- A continuous-fill reservoir saves you time by allowing you to refill as many times as needed without stopping and shutting the unit off.
- A lighted on/off switch puts you in control by always indicating when the unit is in operation. A 7-foot grounded power cord gives you more flexibility in choosing your plug-in location.
- The unit comes with some very useful accessories including a Lint remover and fabric brush.
- Measuring only 19 x 9 by 12 4/5 inches, the SF-465 is lightweight, maneuverable, and easy to store.
- Never fear leaving your SF-465 on by mistake because it comes with an automatic shut-off for ultimate safety.
- The included replaceable water filter insures pure steam and long unit life.
- This SteamFast model has received the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. This plus its generous 1-year limited warranty adds to your peace-of-mind.
#4 – Haan GS30 Professional Garment Steamer with Attachments
(Update: Sorry, the HAAN GS30 Professional has been retired. Please check out the new model HAAN Steam Station II Model GS65)
Haan may not be a name that is familiar to you. Known for their steam mops, Haan was started by Romi Haan, a young Korean housewife and mother who set out to develop easy-to-use products that would clean and sanitize through the power of steam. HAAN steam-cleaning tools were an instant sensation quickly becoming the most popular in Korea. Now millions of Americans are taking advantage of Romi Haan’s time-saving products.
The HAAN GS-30 is a professional grade clothing steamer and sanitizer. Just take a look at its great features:
- The Haan GS-30 has been designed to be both sleek and stylish.
- It’s 1500 watts builds-up steam in less than 40 seconds and powers away wrinkles and sanitizes quickly using nine high-velocity steam jets in its oversize head.
- No fear of scorching or “shining” your fabrics as this unit is faster and much gentler than an iron on your valuable clothing.
- The GS-30’s high temperature steam kills germs and bacteria such as e.coli, salmonella, and dust mites in only one second making your family safe.
- It has a large capacity removable water reservoir that delivers over an hour of continuous steam.
Comfort and Convenience
- The G-30 clothing steamer has a built-in hanger with adjustable clips to firmly hold garments in place.
- It includes a telescopic hanger pole that reaches a full 62 inches from the ground making steaming easier and more comfortable.
- Power and water refill lights keep you informed and in-control.
- The G-30 comes with a crease tool, handheld pressing board, and lint, upholstery, fur, and fabric brushes to easily give your clothes that great “fresh from the dry cleaner” look without the harsh chemicals or the cost.
Portability and Storage
- A deluxe 4-caster wheel system and a sturdy, well-balanced base adds stability and maneuverability to the unit for easy movement from room to room to storage.
- The durable, heavy gauge hose and wand attach to the unit for easy storage.
- The GS-30 has been constructed of durable materials to insure long-life and dependability.
Reliable is a successful family business. Founded in 1955 by the father of the current CEO, Reliable has grown from a small provider of sewing machines to an industry leader serving several markets. Reliable also offers steam cleaners for home use—a fast-growing market, since steam sterilizes without the use of chemicals. The Reliable G4M is a professional grade fabric steamer that is suitable for commercial or home use. Steam works by relaxing fabric fibers causing wrinkles to disappear quickly leaving your clothes looking their absolute best. Take a look at all of its great features:
- With 1300 watts of deep steaming power and a quick steam build-up, you can count on the G4M to power through your toughest steaming sessions without taking a breath.
- The GM4 has a cast aluminum metal steam head with a “stay cool”handle.
- The wide steam head produces enough heat to be used as a simulated steam iron for touching up creases on sleeves and pants.
Comfort and Convenience
- It’s strong and flexible steaming hose makes steaming more comfortable for longer sessions.
- The G4M also has a large 1 gallon water capacity that keeps you steaming as long as you need.
- The Super-Flex steam hose will provide years of dependable service.
- The heating element is the most significant part of a steamer and often the failing point of less durable steamers. The GM4 has a brass heating element made to endure years of tough daily use and is more resistant to scale build-up which can severely reduce steaming effectiveness.
- The exclusive use of heavy-duty brass fittings through the steamer is just one more example of the commercial toughness that is built-in to every GM4.
- Also, the GM4 uses industry standard parts that are interchangeable with other brands.
- The G4M features an automatic shut-off, a power indicator light, and a built-in thermal fuse for ultimate safety and peace-of-mind.
- The unit comes with an anti-spill cap that prevents water from spilling when the bottle is turned over. Look for a wrap-a-round body to keep the water reservoir securely in place.
- The G4m comes with a generous 1-Year limited warranty.
Singer has long been known for its sewing machines and related products. What you may not know is that clothing steamers are often used by clothing companies, clothing stores, and clothing professionals as a fast and effective substitute for ironing. Speed becomes very important when you may be steaming 100’s of articles of clothing in a single day. Singer started producing high quality, powerful, commercial-grade fabric steamers to help their customers. They produce the popular Singer SteamWorks Pro clothing steamer. Take a look at its commercial-grade features:
- With a full 1500 watts of power, this steamer is hard to ignore. That kind of power produces a quick steam build-up of only 45 seconds and provides deep, penetrating steam flow for thicker fabrics.
- The large reservoir contributes to a long steam time of up to 90 minutes.
- This unit uses a powerful, steady stream of hot steam to de-wrinkle and freshen a variety of fabrics from silk to wool quickly and effectively.
- The dual-clip pants crease system gives you professionally creased pants every time.
Convenience and Comfort
- The SteamWorks Pro comes complete with a 2.5 liter removable water reservoir for handy refilling during steaming and for long steam production.
- It comes with a 360 degree, swivel rotating hanger system for easier maneuverability when steaming the whole garment.
- A dual-clip pants system helps you put well-defined creases in sleeves and pants.
- A long 60 inch insulated, fabric-covered hose with extra-long 94 inch power cord make even some difficult power outlets candidates for steaming support.
- The SteamWorks Pro is truly multi-use steaming everything from delicate curtains to heavy drapes and garments.
- This unit comes with a smart auto-off switch that turns the steamer off automatically when the reservoir is empty. A premium fabric-covered, heat-resistant hose is flexible and strong to insure safe steaming.
- The telescoping hanger pole puts garments within easy reach for quicker steaming and then folds quickly for easy storage.
- The easily collapsible hanger system helps make the unit smaller for storage in tight spaces.
- Its compact size of only 14.5 x 11.5 x 55 inches and light weight of only 11 pounds (empty) makes this unit very portable with storage that is easy and fast.
- The SteamWorks Pro comes with a handy pants crease attachment, fabric lint removal brush, protective glove, and handheld steaming board (shirt pockets).
- A 2-Year limited warranty is included.
In our opinion Jiffy Steamer makes the best steamers on the market and so we have listed the J-2000 clothing steamer from their personal series as our favorite and given it our recommendation as #1. Jiffy Steamer is the acknowledged worldwide leader in steam technology. It is the world’s oldest and largest steam technology manufacturer and the inventor of the steamer and the steaming process. The Jiffy Steamer J-2000 has a large list of heavy-duty features:
- 1300 watt solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only) for a powerful, deep penetrating steam flow and fast steam build-up
- This 1,300-watt steamer shoots high-velocity steam jets out of a 6-inch-wide head to smooth any fabric from sheer silk to thick wool.
- High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
- Can handle a wide variety of steaming needs including garments, drapes, and upholstery quicker and easier than an iron. The J-2000 won’t shine or scorch your expensive fabrics like an iron can.
- Popular with fashion designers and entertainer wardrobe experts alike, steamers are gentle on fabrics and quicker than irons particularly for touch-ups.
- Enjoy a full 90 minutes of steam time for each fill-up of the removable clear plastic water tank.
- A six inch wide plastic steam head insures the fastest coverage
- A quick steam build-up time of only about a minute insure you will get going quickly
Flexibility and Convenience
- Garments and drapes can be pressed where they hang, including closets
- Handy included sturdy aluminum rod has a holder for the wand and can be used to hang garments from its top loop for convenient steaming anywhere
- The J-2000 is the ideal steamer for home or light commercial use. These steamers offer a variety of applications including removing wrinkles in clothing, removing wallpaper, steaming bedding and table linens.
- It comes with a clear plastic 3/4 gallon water caddy with a no-drip check valve system that fits securely into the base of the steamer
Quality and Dependability
- Indicative of the steamer’s quality is the brass fitting attaching the hose to the tank. (A wrench to tighten the fitting is included, and the wrench even has magnets for storage on the base.)
- A brass heating element insures long life.
- Now that’s attention to detail from a leading manufacturer of garment steamers
- Each Jiffy steamer is handcrafted in Jiffy’s Union City, Tennessee factory. Made In America!
- A full 3 year warranty on defects in materials and workmanship
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- A compact steamer base -17 (64 with extendable garment hanger) x 10 x 15 inches makes for easy, out-of-the-way storage in a closet, a corner, or behind a door
- Sturdy, easy-roll, swivel casters allow you to move the steamer easily to any steaming location
- Lightweight 16.8 lbs makes this Jiffy Steamer easy to handle
- A lightweight plastic steam head contributes to this very mobile steamer
- Jiffy Steamers feature an automatic safety shutoff if the steamer runs dry
- You will appreciate the stay-cool wand handle that discourages burns
- A heavy-duty, 3-Pronged safety Grounded Cord Set reduces fire hazards
- A handy on/off switch allows you to make sure the unit is off when you’re not using it even if plugged in
- A long 5.5 ft flexible hose give you plenty of room to work
The Jiffy Steamer J-2000 is a great steamer for all your steaming tasks.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
I would love to get your opinion on this article or hear your clothes steamer story. Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
I hope you have found this look at the Top 5 Heavy-Duty Home Clothing Steamers interesting and enlightening and that it helps you decide on the best clothing steamer for you.