A wide ironing board is more stable and provides more area for ironing. With more ironing surface, a wide ironing board can make ironing faster by reducing the number of times you have to move your fabric.
A wide ironing board is safer than a narrow model because its wide stance is less likely to topple over while ironing or cause your iron to fall off. It also offers more versatility being usable for a wide variety of ironing tasks such as clothing, quilting, knitting, curtains, and tablecloths.
Interested in learning about other ironing solutions? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
Ironing board come in a variety of styles and sizes, but wide, foldable models are some of the most popular.
What other features should you look for in a wide ironing board?
If you have multiple members of your household that need to iron, they may need an ironing board that matches their height. Not only is it more comfortable to iron your clothes at the right height, it can also be safer. Having an ironing board that is height-adjustable is the answer. Look for a model that has at least a few height settings to accommodate your family’s needs.
Ironing Board Cover
Look for a 100% extra thick cotton cover with foam and felt support layers that will absorb heat while keeping fabric from sticking to the pad and provide a smooth ironing surface.
A folding ironing board needs to be sturdy, but not so heavy that it’s unwieldy while transporting or difficult to store when not in use. Because its subject to a lot of steam which can be corrosive in the long term, you want an ironing board that has a corrosion-resistant coating.
Steam Iron Rest
One of the problems with a folding ironing board is that you have to rest the iron on the surface which may not be completely flat. An ironing board with a built-in iron rest really helps with that problem. It also frees up space for you to move your fabric around and provides more ironing surface.
If you’ve ever had a cheap folding ironing board collapse on you, you know how unsafe that is. Make sure that any adjustable, folding ironing board you buy has a locking mechanism to prevent accidental collapse by young children.
We searched ironing forums, manufacturer sites, social media, customer review sites, retail sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highly rated wide ironing board.
Take a look at our choice and see if this sturdy ironing board is the best ironing board for your needs!
Wide Ironing Board: Top Rated Extra Wide Folding Ironing Board
You really can’t go wrong with a Bartnelli wide ironing board. They make several models like the Bartnelli 51 x 19-Inch Multi-layered T-Leg Extra Wide Ironing Board, that all get high marks for quality construction and stylish design. This model large ironing board features a generous 51 x 19-inch ironing surface perfect for lots of regular ironing or ironing large tasks like quilting, knitting, tablecloths, curtains, sheets, and more. With four different height adjustments from 30 to 38 inches you can be sure that ironing will be comfortable for everyone in your home. Its extra-thick cotton ironing board cover is supported by multiple layers of felt and foam to withstand heat while keeping fabric from sticking. Its metal construction has a corrosion-resistant coating and its surface features a mesh design that allows steam to pass through and moisture to evaporate.
Wide Ironing Board: Features
- 51 x 19-inch metal, folding extra wide ironing board
- Stylish board cover design
- Multi-layer pad has a smooth 100% cotton top with foam and felt layers to resist heat and keep fabrics from sticking
- Board adjusts to four different heights to make ironing more comfortable for everyone in your home
- Corrosion-resistant coating protects ironing board from corrosive steam
- Sturdy, wide construction reduces wobbling while ironing
- Mesh top allows steam to pass through and aid in moisture evaporation
- Board folds flat for easy storage and for easy transporting
- Integrated steam iron rest prevents iron from falling off the board and provides more ironing surface
- Safety lock protects small children by preventing ironing board from accidentally collapsing and keeps board closed during storage
- Convenient built-in hanging rail on iron rest gives you a handy place to hang your ironing
- Protective board feet prevent floor scratches
- Long 3-Year limited warranty
See Bartnelli 51×19-Inch Multi-layered T-Leg Extra-Wide Ironing Board Customer Reviews >>>
- Wide, sturdy construction, and stable design
- Adjustable height is very handy
- Easy to transport and store
- Iron rest is an excellent feature
- Difficult to find replacement covers
- Iron rest makes some ironing tasks more difficult
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
For more information on wide ironing boards, check out Best Wide Ironing Boards.
Wide Ironing Board
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this ironing board? Which wide ironing board are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A wide ironing board makes ironing faster by requiring less fabric movement. A wide ironing board can also provide more secure ironing by providing a more stable platform. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right wide ironing board for your need!